K-dub

A new remix (It being the 3rd week of September):

The long autumn's fall into winter; I love it every year
... although it means the end of the summer and the snows will soon be here

Cause I was born a child of the city; a triple decker was my home
but even a city street can look pretty painted orange, red and gold

With the third week in September jogging memories in my head
And the autumn winds are blowing cold again

The long autumn's fall into winter (It's cold again)

Books and kegs and co-eds on the campus in this sleepy college town
Friends "forever" laughing together; who knows where they are now

Not by chance my love started in autumn; something special in the air
And both our babies came in early summer; count back nine months and you're there

A weird about this piece is the woman singing the chorus is a synth robot that I had to program the words and notes into. It was kind of convoluted in the doing.

The lyrics are by my occasional writing partner, John McLaughlin - and we crafted the words and music/song structure together.

way interesting about the ai voice...
i wouldn't even know where to start!

the vox mix is nice, as it stands out as it should, telling a story like this.

the synth voice needs quite a bit of clarity added to it,
either by EQ or with an exciter, can't quite make out the words.

the rest of it is quite good!

way interesting about the ai voice...
i wouldn't even know where to start!

the vox mix is nice, as it stands out as it should, telling a story like this.

the synth voice needs quite a bit of clarity added to it,
either by EQ or with an exciter, can't quite make out the words.

the rest of it is quite good!
Yeah - she's got a thick accent that I can't change or figure out what it is. :D

She's a "vocaloid". I actually tried to "hide" her "synthness" via flanging/delay effects ... which may obfuscate the lyrics a bit.

yea, i'd let the 'synth-iness' shine thru, and make the words more intelligeble.
Ooh - you gave me an idea. I wonder what "she" would sound like hard tuned? Make "her" sound even more synthy?

Of course I could go the other way and have a real female do the part. :D

I also forgot to mention that this is the stereo version of a surround sound mix. All the instruments are panned in a 360 array ...

Oddly, at the time of original production (this is a remix), I had a surround sound setup in the studio and I mixed everything on that. It also sounds very cool in surround sound.

Nice tune. Does 'child' need some pitch work? I love that synth voice, but Gonzo's suggestion is good.

A weird about this piece is the woman singing the chorus is a synth robot that I had to program the words and notes into. It was kind of convoluted in the doing.

The lyrics are by my occasional writing partner, John McLaughlin - and we crafted the words and music/song structure together.
Are you speaking about thee John McLauglin guitarist from Doncaster England?

Well I for 1 Like It.
The instrumentation is nice and full for the backing with a good fidelity.
The lead vocal is very strong with an excellent intonation. The Synth Solo volume could come up a bit as it is getting a little lost in the mix.
Miss Vocaloid you can get away with.
Excellent production for me.
Best Regards,
Barry.

Yeah - she's got a thick accent that I can't change or figure out what it is. :D

She's a "vocaloid". I actually tried to "hide" her "synthness" via flanging/delay effects ... which may obfuscate the lyrics a bit.
Like any of the others that don't work out, kick her to the curb. I like the tune.

Okay, this one gets an earworm prize. It's one of a handful of tunes that keeps drifting its way into my brain this season. Maybe because it's so seasonal. ;-)

Back