Votes: 9 6.0%
  • Zvex Fuzz Factory

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Your Amps natural tone

Votes: 62 41.1%
  • other

Votes: 38 25.2%

• Total voters
the catalinbread DLS is a GREAT pedal like a cookin' marshall but no fuzz,clean like .....like page in the 70s with the stage plexis

Hmmm. Spam, hidden behind a poll. Notice how the OP has only 6 posts? If you go to the "archive," all you see is links to commercial sites. Sponsorship of a website is okay, but this one is nothing more than commercial site behind commercial site. I say BAN HIM!

Yeah, I know the OP was made in 2002. Not too late to boot this yahoo.

Interesting and disturbing, if it becomes a trend.

Hmmm. Spam, hidden behind a poll. Notice how the OP has only 6 posts? If you go to the "archive," all you see is links to commercial sites. Sponsorship of a website is okay, but this one is nothing more than commercial site behind commercial site. I say BAN HIM!

Yeah, I know the OP was made in 2002. Not too late to boot this yahoo.

Interesting and disturbing, if it becomes a trend.
nope ..... I was here in 2002 and I remember seeing a buttload of pedals at that link.
Internet sites DO go away and get taken over by sites like what that one is now.

That site is a link farm. When a domain name registration expires, these people will snap it up and make one of these cookie-cutter "search" sites. They milk it for passive income until someone offers them enough money for the domain name.

my current fav pedal is my new T.C. Electronics Hall of Fame reverb. It's one of those pedals you just leave on all the time ....... makes everything sound mo' better.

I know this is an old post, but just had to throw this in there... Typically I've always used the amp distortion, however, I picked up the Saturator by VOX. It's obviously Joe Satriani's signature pedal. It's extremely versatile and sounds so clear. Sometimes when you use a distortion pedal you lose clarity, but not with this.

I have loads of pedals and I have been using them for decades, although I think the sound should come from the player, guitar and amp. Lately I've been into pedal building. My three favourites are:
- The Rangeblaster (germanium Dallas Rangemaster clone, with Vox AC-30 -awesome)
- General Guitar Gadget's ITS8 tube screamer replica (It has got a led clipping circuit, which is great. The pedal for desert island.)
- EA-tremolo (from GGG, a great preamp, works without the tremolo, too).

amp tone vs. pedal tone

ANY degradation of signal should be avoided, chances are if you need that many pedals (*there are exceptions ala' Nels Cline) you have the wrong amp. Effects (in my humble) should be used sparingly as spices to accent and bring out the best tone from the amp and instrument.

**having said that...I maintain two rigs.

I use an original Ibanez TS808 Tube Screamer and a Visual Sound H2O chorus/echo with a tuner- THAT'S IT. I rarely use the chorus and occasionally and as called for, sometimes apply a vintage DOD Stereo Phaser. All of this goes into a Fender Excelsior amplifier with volume set at 12 o'clock. This rig is used both live and studio/

I also play live and record with a Korg AX3000G into a '63 Fender Vibroverb RI.

6 of one, half a dozen of the other.

Back