Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Your Amps natural tone

Votes: 62 41.1%
  • other

Votes: 38 25.2%

• Total voters

socialmanipulat

Hello guitar heads,

Dig this... A visual archive of over 300 guitar pedals.
All the ones you dream about, and then some.
Vintage and new, rare and common.

The Guitar Pedal Archive
http://www.guitarpedalarchive.com/

Please stop by, and help make the GPA a strong and
reliable database for guitar stomp boxes!!!!

Now with great savings from Musiciansfriend.com

Come check it out,
-tim

I'd love to say "my amp" but the fact is that I'd rather not even run a stompbox through it :(

Small solid-state Crates were made for suckin'... and suckin's just what they do!

Yeah, but I got this cheap Zoom amp sim with TWO Marshall tube settings... ain't that BETTER than ONE measly amp???!!?! Plus it records direct!!!! :) ;) :D

Well, If I want to sell my Crate, then I better start talkin' up how it's warm, punchy, and smooth!!!!!!! Hey, keilson, wanna buy an amp?? :D

no pedals in my path... all tube guitar with tube strings going into an all tube amp with tube fx loop, tube reverb, and tube tone controls. I use the shortest cord possible. right now it's a 6" all tube blue cord. the red ones are just too bright. mobility is pretty limited, but it's all about tone.

I use a Korg Toneworks multi effects station with a cheap Stage guitar.

Awesome sounds at an unbelievable low price. I couldn't believe that this little unit could do so much. I used it at a party recently and it rocked the house.

Gavin

my marshall has a direct out also....who cares so much better to mic. Why simulate when you can get the exact sound with a real one.

on the topic of pedals/effetcs:

i'm rather new to playing and i was wondering, if i purchased a multieffects processor would it be as simple to "hook up" as pedals are?

i probably didn't explain that well, sorry.

btw, i don't mean the kind that need to be rack mounted

Last edited:
Well, I had to vote "other" because my Tube Screamer is a TS 9.

I don't think of the TS 9 as a tone generating pedal. I get my tone from the guitar/amp/speaker and use the pedal for saturation.

I have to go with my amps natural tone,I got a TubeWorks RT2100 and the preamp is driven by 2 12AX7's I further push it by running another 12ax7 preamp thru the effects loop and a digitech badmonkey tube overdrive pedal.(not a distortion pedal)
Last month I gave in to all the fuss about the Line6 Uber Metal pedal...maybe it makes a 15 watt practice amp sound mean,but on my 2X12 combo it sounds cheesy and lifeless...its going to go bye bye via ebay

I'd have to say my DOD FX50 overdive/preamp. Really adds some nice flava to any amp I've used it with, even a little solid state fender practice amp...

I like the " weaving the dollar bill through the strings " just above the butt end of the neck......course with infaltion, ya probably gotta use a $20 nowdays.

I have a Boss ME-5 that i never use. And once i had a 7th Heaven that someone gave me but i dont play 7 string guitars or need that much distortion so i sold it.

Back