The final "epic" track from my instrumental solo album.

PJH

I've just finished and uploaded the video of the final song and video from my upcoming album. This track has been in the works for the past three to four months. In that time I've survived getting the dreaded Covid amongst other things.

The track is in two parts and I used alternate acoustic guitar tunings as an experiment. My good friend Mark Beling (also a guitarist) caught Covid at the same time as I did and I decided that when we get through the recovery I'd invite him to contribute to the song.

I also had my usual drummer (Larry Rose) and Hammond/piano player (Dave Sharp) play on the track.

I used a some stock video and video that I filmed to accompany the audio which I think worked out quite nicely.

The song (both parts) runs for about ten minutes, so for those who love three and a half minute songs wait until you have some time to listen.

I hope that you enjoy this track as much as I enjoyed putting it together.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about the Covid, but I'm glad to hear you made it through.

Just watched the whole thing. Nice guitar tones throughout. I enjoyed the melodic variations that Mark added when he came in. The mix sounded nice overall; don't really have any nits.

This reminded me a little bit of Pink Floyd - maybe something off Animals, like "Dogs" - not so much in sound, but in scope. I'm not sure it needed to be over 10 minutes :), but I nevertheless managed to make it through without itching to skip ahead, so kudos there. Nice playing and performances all around.

I guess my only critique is that, IMO, the song title doesn't match the music very well.

Also, just FYI, "penultimate" means second to last - not last. Maybe you knew that (?), but the title of this thread suggested maybe not? :confused: :)

(I guess you could also be saying that there are several "epic" tracks on your album, and this is the last one of those, but that doesn't seem as likely.)

Just pulled this one up. I like it a lot. Good playing, and great sound. I'm loving the B3 section. (y) You don't hear that as much anymore, now it's all synths.

Sorry to hear about the Covid, but I'm glad to hear you made it through.

Just watched the whole thing. Nice guitar tones throughout. I enjoyed the melodic variations that Mark added when he came in. The mix sounded nice overall; don't really have any nits.

This reminded me a little bit of Pink Floyd - maybe something off Animals, like "Dogs" - not so much in sound, but in scope. I'm not sure it needed to be over 10 minutes :), but I nevertheless managed to make it through without itching to skip ahead, so kudos there. Nice playing and performances all around.

I guess my only critique is that, IMO, the song title doesn't match the music very well.

Also, just FYI, "penultimate" means second to last - not last. Maybe you knew that (?), but the title of this thread suggested maybe not? :confused: :)

(I guess you could also be saying that there are several "epic" tracks on your album, and this is the last one of those, but that doesn't seem as likely.)
Thanks for the comments. Quite honestly the title of the song is what you make of it. It was more just a play on words. No deeper meanings. I "fixed" the penultimate. I did mean the final "epic" track but anyway it's sorted.

It's funny, a lot of the comments I've received is that it was too short for progressive rock, so I'll take that as a compliment. :-)

Cheers!

Back