The Deepest End - alternative rock - feedback puhlease?

Sounds like a good plan. Good luck with that!

I do think you've got a strong voice, however, so - I've gotta ask - have you thought hiring yourself out to sing on other people's home efforts?

RIGHT?!? Lol. At least I have that damn thing.

One good thing going for me in this scenario. And that is...a nice leather swivel chair. In fact, it's probably the best chair in this forum. Should start a thread. ?

No, I meant the patterned one in the corner.

Wow I think this sounds fantastic, especially the vocals.
Is it just me or are the drums and guitars out of sync a tiny bit in the intro?
The vocals are so close to perfect that I'm going to get nitpicky:
The words "lose my mind I'm sore" are a bit ahead of the beat where I think they should be directly on it.
Anyways, this is super good.

Wow I think this sounds fantastic, especially the vocals.
Is it just me or are the drums and guitars out of sync a tiny bit in the intro?
The vocals are so close to perfect that I'm going to get nitpicky:
The words "lose my mind I'm sore" are a bit ahead of the beat where I think they should be directly on it.
Anyways, this is super good.

Thanks! Yeah I like these comments because they remind me to keep a closer eye on timing and whatnot. I dont comp instrument takes, and it's tough getting a perfect performance all the way through. What I do, however, is slightly move the bass in better time with the kick when they are slightly off. So, those are probably matching up so well that the tiny bit the guitars are off is standing out. I agree with you. Thanks for pointing it out.

And yeah I think I remember that vocal phrase being slightly off too. I can move those phrases around, and sometimes I do if it's early or late, but I think maybe this take had a breath or something in between any potential cutting point, so I could only move the entire phrase rather than "every time I" -cut- "lose my mind", or between "mind" and "I'm sore".

When I listen to it for a week, the mistakes and minor details blend into the permanent version in my mind so I look over them as just "part of the song". But you're right. And thanks again for the kind words and critique. Glad ya like it. :)

Cool tune. I like the vocals. The song has a radio ready quality to it, quite polished an professional. Well done

This sounds great ! You do have an excellent voice (as mentioned before) and Jimmy Eat World-ish is a true point but you have your own tone too.
I read through the comments and here's my take on it:
- I like the 80-100 area for bass depending on the key of the song of course. I'd poke around in that area if you want to pull it out a bit.
- The snare is fine for me I don't think it needs anything
- The hihat issue is definitely coming from the SC player so check your wav file before adjusting anything

I have abandoned 128 MP3s lately. I'm not concerned about uploading a higher res here; songs are all copyrighted and I welcome any superstar to steal my songs so I can sue them and retire. I would suggest either doing the same or buying a premium account so you can stream 320MP3's as there is so much information missing from a 128. Your songs are great and deserve the higher fidelity. ;)

:D:D:D:D

This sounds great ! You do have an excellent voice (as mentioned before) and Jimmy Eat World-ish is a true point but you have your own tone too.
I read through the comments and here's my take on it:
- I like the 80-100 area for bass depending on the key of the song of course. I'd poke around in that area if you want to pull it out a bit.
- The snare is fine for me I don't think it needs anything
- The hihat issue is definitely coming from the SC player so check your wav file before adjusting anything

I have abandoned 128 MP3s lately. I'm not concerned about uploading a higher res here; songs are all copyrighted and I welcome any superstar to steal my songs so I can sue them and retire. I would suggest either doing the same or buying a premium account so you can stream 320MP3's as there is so much information missing from a 128. Your songs are great and deserve the higher fidelity. ;)

:D:D:D:D

Thanks ido, I always forget to check the SC version, so yeah I should be more aware of exactly what it is people are listening to. I'll check the bounce settings and see what I'm exporting when I do. It's been some time since I've done that - but I'll tell ya, nothing sounds as good as it does in my DAW with the headphones I'm mixing on. That's for sure. Everywhere else is "eh, it's not too bad". Thanks!

Hey Everyone haven't commented on anything in awhile just been super busy with work and family life! I always try to read the Saturday newsletter and check out what threads are popular and for the hell of it while I was dropping a deuce I clicked on this song and just absolutely loved the song . I just cranked it up on my iphone 6 and for what its worth I thought it sounded really good .

I'll let the pro's help with the mix stuff just wanted to say great job and I love the song !!

Peace & Laundry-dreib

...while I was dropping a deuce I clicked on this song and just absolutely loved the song .

I'm so proud. Thanks for adding to the "things to consider people might be doing whilst listening to my music" concept. That's a new one. I hope it made it more pleasurable and that everything came out ok.

I'm so proud. Thanks for adding to the "things to consider people might be doing whilst listening to my music" concept. That's a new one. I hope it made it more pleasurable and that everything came out ok.

I liked the song so much Im not even sure I wiped my ass ! I just wanted to get my headphones so I could listen again !

Back