The Cave was happening

Brother in it's prime and in it's time it was one of the coolest places on the internets for like minded musicians in 1999. Mostly has been rockers trying to learn how to use them there puters to record came to Hr.com back then because there just wasn't that much out there. No youtube, twitter, reddit ...So we joined up...but then there was this "special" area that you could only see and post in if you were a Member.......The Dragon Cave where we all came to shoot the shit about anything but recording on computers. It was the off topic place but with a warning when you came in that you needed to consider it like a cyber biker bar. Open to cussing and nudity and father rapist. o_O What a very cool group of characters we had back then... Some brilliant comedy, epic flame wars and just a good group of musical asshats bullshitting....Kind of like here in Primetime now but it was not really moderated and sometimes shit could get pretty deep. It is kind of a "you had to be there" kind of thing. @ 2008 (wild ass guess) is when it got awkward and kind of Sharks vs the Jets. One person in particular was an excellent asshole and he had his crew and he kind of enjoyed the cyber bully shit....it all digressed and when the new owners said they were thinking of shutting the Cave down that same piece of turd gurgling, choad fellating dog shit ( them's Dragon cave insults) was all for it and encouraged it. Oh lord he must have been dancing around giving himself high fives when then they shut it down...all giddy n shit. I and many other were totally pissed off but our cries for foul fell to the new owners French deaf ears. Begged them to at least leave the old forum up so we could back and have a laugh even if we could no longer post...Nope...But I'm not bitter! :laughings: The cast of characters was epic better than many pro comedians....Dogooder, Mick and Sir nada were all there..60's guy and 100's of others. Had hoped we could use the internet archive to view the old stuff but nope...because that part of the forum was "members only" The spider couldn't spider that section...dang...

I have been avoiding posting or visiting here the last month but pop in and give a like or a quick answer now and then...This place can be a time sponge.....so for now Adios y'all have an awesome Christmas and a Happy New year...see ya in 2024 God willing and the creek don't rise.
I remember Tae & Fairview. Also 60's Guy but it's been over a decade so he must have upped his number by now

I remember. Back when the Internet was fun, and less of a wasteland then it is now. mp3 compression was something new even. When people had to know a little bit about computers to get by. Maybe even some electronics if they were so inclined. Not saying people don't know, many do, just not the same.

Those were the days. https://homerecording.com/index.html brings you to the old landing page, as I'm sure everybody knows.

Something TAE forgot to mention is that, despite all our bickering, bitching, and turd flinging amongst ourselves, we all got together once a year for the HR.com Jamfest.
People who were 180 degrees apart from each other (politically, socially or otherwise) got together with each other and we all made beautiful music.
Whether it was Tom's farm in Andover, Connecticut, DafDuc's (RIP) house just north of Detroit, or Jay's place in Ashland (Rush) Kentucky... we all ate, drank, camped, danced, and jammed with each other like a mini Woodstock of dirty old hippies. Sure, we'd eventually all go back to bickering in the Cave. But, we all knew how to put a sock in it when we got together in person and jammed... unlike nowadays, where everyone gets angry and stays that way. And who can forget that every Jamfest was "MANDATORY!" per MisterQcue, aka Aaron Collie... one of the finest human beings on the planet! Okay, that's all I got.

Mick Doobie and me got into it and he had me banned. That was years ago.

lol@ got into it & had me banned

I don't know about all that, chances are you had yourself banned. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Actually now that you mention it I do remember. Maybe it was a pet thread or something, people might post that their pet had died, or was ill, nearing the end and going for that final ride. I'd posted about having to put down my dog. It was tough, as it always is. Good dog, 14 years wasn't a bad run, I reckon. You? You made the choice to private message me saying you were glad my dog had died, and hoped he died a painful death. Remember that? Of course you could have posted it in the public forum, but dogs have a universal appeal and you would risk pissing off an array of folks. So you private messaged me. It was a sleazeball, coward move. So, I had you banned, mostly for being a coward. Sleazeball is one thing, but The Cave did not abide cowards. Bygones, behave yourself, know what I'm sayin'. :)

Isn't it fun to take a little stroll down memory lane. Good times.

Did you make all that up yourself? :ROFLMAO: You're mistaking me for someone else. I love dogs, even if I don't like their owner

Did you make all that up yourself? :ROFLMAO: You're mistaking me for someone else. I love dogs, even if I don't like their owner

Dogs had little to do with it. Nah, I have a pretty good memory, damn good in fact, I don't need to make up anything. I could actually tell you things about yourself that you would be surprised I remember. I mean, hell, it wasn't that long ago. At times The Cave was a race to the bottom, who could be the most nasty and depraved, some more than others. Or to put it more politely, as said by our good friend Supercreep, rude. But I don't do grudges, or try not to, it's in the past.

I'm not attempting to start an argument, it is interesting that you would say I had you bant. I know there were rumors, but seriously, I had that much sway? If you were banned, and you were, the mods had you banned. Actions have consequences, lol@ getting banned from the fucking cave. We got into it? Odd I didn't get the bant, innit. Interesting as well that at times it was suggested I was favored by the mods(or was even a mod in disguise) and you got bant. Maybe it simply goes to conduct. You think? Life is just so unfair, wasn't doing nuffin and got the bant. That's grade school idiocy, immaturity, an inability to accept the consequences of ones mistakes.

Shake it off, you'll be aight. Grow.

Y'all remember that kid, although as far as I know he is no longer here at HR dot com, I wont mention any names. He had reached the end of his rope, somewhat literally in fact. Was suggesting or threatening to jump off a bridge, had the spot all picked out. Some of the cool kids in the cave were all, jump! A low point for the fucking cave, and that's saying something. I don't think he did, or I hope he didn't. He was around for a bit longer. If I had sway, or was actually a mod in disguise, that shit would have never been allowed to happen. I would have cleaned house. Personally, I'm more a stick up for the underdog kinda guy, talk 'em off the ledge so to speak. I don't like to see people targeted, and hurt. Sure, I can be an asshole at times, but my conduct hasn't changed much from the cave days, and I'm still around. 2 infractions, never got the bant. I'm not going to complain or blame someone else. I try to learn from my mistakes. I could do better.

Good riddance to the fucking cave.

Y'all remember that kid, although as far as I know he is no longer here at HR dot com, I wont mention any names. He had reached the end of his rope, somewhat literally in fact. Was suggesting or threatening to jump off a bridge, had the spot all picked out. Some of the cool kids in the cave were all, jump! A low point for the fucking cave, and that's saying something. I don't think he did, or I hope he didn't. He was around for a bit longer. If I had sway, or was actually a mod in disguise, that shit would have never been allowed to happen. I would have cleaned house. Personally, I'm more a stick up for the underdog kinda guy, talk 'em off the ledge so to speak. I don't like to see people targeted, and hurt. Sure, I can be an asshole at times, but my conduct hasn't changed much from the cave days, and I'm still around. 2 infractions, never got the bant. I'm not going to complain or blame someone else. I try to learn from my mistakes. I could do better.

Good riddance to the fucking cave.
You're my hero

Something TAE forgot to mention
Well Excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me! :laughings:
We all got together once a year for the HR.com Jamfest.
People who were 180 degrees apart from each other (politically, socially or otherwise) got together with each other and we all made beautiful music.
Whether it was Tom's farm in Andover, Connecticut, DafDuc's (RIP) house just north of Detroit, or Jay's place in Ashland (Rush) Kentucky... we all ate, drank, camped, danced, and jammed with each other like a mini Woodstock of dirty old hippies. Sure, we'd eventually all go back to bickering in the Cave. But, we all knew how to put a sock in it when we got together in person and jammed... unlike nowadays, where everyone gets angry and stays that way. And who can forget that every Jamfest was "MANDATORY!" per MisterQcue, aka Aaron Collie... one of the finest human beings on the planet! Okay, that's all I got.
Fo Sho It really turned us into a community beyond just cyber buds...Only made it to a few but I made it and how cool it was. Dafduc, QQ such cool cats... I did the Wikiup one with BBQ Joe

Fo Sho It really turned us into a community beyond just cyber buds...Only made it to a few but I made it and how cool it was. Dafduc, QQ such cool cats... I did the Wikiup one with BBQ Joe
Is BBQ Joe still around? I recall that he had some health problems

Reactions: TAE

Too bad you missed the four we had in Cali...

Reactions: TAE
Not sure but I checked out at A&A and he has not posted since May 2019
Is BBQ Joe the dude that had his alcoholic daughter digging her own grave somewhere in the middle of nowhere in the southwest? Who the hell was that!

Is BBQ Joe the dude that had his alcoholic daughter digging her own grave somewhere in the middle of nowhere in the southwest? Who the hell was that!
Don't know that story but for Wikiup is in the middle of nowhere kind of in between Phoenix and Vegas in Vultures, snakes and lizard country. We had a a nice jamfest ( two that I know of) in wikiup though and he had a restaurant where he served up BBQ..Hope he's still breathing...he was "adding on" to his shack with some cool lightweight cement blocks...he shared a ton of pictures of the process very cool.

Back