The Cave was happening

Not me. Don't believe anything you read on here. People will tell you I am a liar. I am not a liar.

Reactions: TAE
Yes but wasn't keen on the overly restrictive moderation that didn't match how The Cave was advertised. Someone went crying to the mods because their widdoo feewings got hurted and people got penalty boxed and banned.

Magnify prime time ugliness by 10?

I wouldn’t know. I showed up right after the cave was closed.

What exactly was the cave?
Brother in it's prime and in it's time it was one of the coolest places on the internets for like minded musicians in 1999. Mostly has been rockers trying to learn how to use them there puters to record came to Hr.com back then because there just wasn't that much out there. No youtube, twitter, reddit ...So we joined up...but then there was this "special" area that you could only see and post in if you were a Member.......The Dragon Cave where we all came to shoot the shit about anything but recording on computers. It was the off topic place but with a warning when you came in that you needed to consider it like a cyber biker bar. Open to cussing and nudity and father rapist. o_O What a very cool group of characters we had back then... Some brilliant comedy, epic flame wars and just a good group of musical asshats bullshitting....Kind of like here in Primetime now but it was not really moderated and sometimes shit could get pretty deep. It is kind of a "you had to be there" kind of thing. @ 2008 (wild ass guess) is when it got awkward and kind of Sharks vs the Jets. One person in particular was an excellent asshole and he had his crew and he kind of enjoyed the cyber bully shit....it all digressed and when the new owners said they were thinking of shutting the Cave down that same piece of turd gurgling, choad fellating dog shit ( them's Dragon cave insults) was all for it and encouraged it. Oh lord he must have been dancing around giving himself high fives when then they shut it down...all giddy n shit. I and many other were totally pissed off but our cries for foul fell to the new owners French deaf ears. Begged them to at least leave the old forum up so we could back and have a laugh even if we could no longer post...Nope...But I'm not bitter! :laughings: The cast of characters was epic better than many pro comedians....Dogooder, Mick and Sir nada were all there..60's guy and 100's of others. Had hoped we could use the internet archive to view the old stuff but nope...because that part of the forum was "members only" The spider couldn't spider that section...dang...

I have been avoiding posting or visiting here the last month but pop in and give a like or a quick answer now and then...This place can be a time sponge.....so for now Adios y'all have an awesome Christmas and a Happy New year...see ya in 2024 God willing and the creek don't rise.

A few of the first jamfests originated in the cave. Buck was there for some. Where is Finger Lickin Good? I took him down in the mud lol.

Brother in it's prime and in it's time it was one of the coolest places on the internets for like minded musicians in 1999. Mostly has been rockers trying to learn how to use them there puters to record came to Hr.com back then because there just wasn't that much out there. No youtube, twitter, reddit ...So we joined up...but then there was this "special" area that you could only see and post in if you were a Member.......The Dragon Cave where we all came to shoot the shit about anything but recording on computers. It was the off topic place but with a warning when you came in that you needed to consider it like a cyber biker bar. Open to cussing and nudity and father rapist. o_O What a very cool group of characters we had back then... Some brilliant comedy, epic flame wars and just a good group of musical asshats bullshitting....Kind of like here in Primetime now but it was not really moderated and sometimes shit could get pretty deep. It is kind of a "you had to be there" kind of thing. @ 2008 (wild ass guess) is when it got awkward and kind of Sharks vs the Jets. One person in particular was an excellent asshole and he had his crew and he kind of enjoyed the cyber bully shit....it all digressed and when the new owners said they were thinking of shutting the Cave down that same piece of turd gurgling, choad fellating dog shit ( them's Dragon cave insults) was all for it and encouraged it. Oh lord he must have been dancing around giving himself high fives when then they shut it down...all giddy n shit. I and many other were totally pissed off but our cries for foul fell to the new owners French deaf ears. Begged them to at least leave the old forum up so we could back and have a laugh even if we could no longer post...Nope...But I'm not bitter! :laughings: The cast of characters was epic better than many pro comedians....Dogooder, Mick and Sir nada were all there..60's guy and 100's of others. Had hoped we could use the internet archive to view the old stuff but nope...because that part of the forum was "members only" The spider couldn't spider that section...dang...

I have been avoiding posting or visiting here the last month but pop in and give a like or a quick answer now and then...This place can be a time sponge.....so for now Adios y'all have an awesome Christmas and a Happy New year...see ya in 2024 God willing and the creek don't rise.
So a virtual equivalent to the 80s rockers' between-session orgies/breakups. My kinda party! :thumbs up: 🤪:unsure::D

Reactions: TAE
The Cave was where most people ended up after spending a year absorbing the fountain of knowledge that existed on this site, and another couple of years dispensing some of the knowledge gained. After that you came to the Cave to be amused and abused.

Yes but wasn't keen on the overly restrictive moderation that didn't match how The Cave was advertised. Someone went crying to the mods because their widdoo feewings got hurted and people got penalty boxed and banned.
Mick Doobie and me got into it and he had me banned. That was years ago.

Back