"The Broken World"--let me know what you think.

IsmaelTapiaII

This is my latest recording. It consists of two guitars playing the same part, the vocals, and a few backing vocal parts. I'm very pleased with it overall, but I think it's got a little too much bass in some parts.

I'd love to hear anything you guys have to say.

Thanks!

"The Broken World"

Listening for the 2nd time as I type this. Don't particularly care for the one side only intro, although I'm listening with cans and that's a little more drastic than monitors. I like the doubling of the vocals, not an easy thing to do as smoothly as you do. Good voice and guitar playing. Interesting progression and the stutter step in the rhythm holds your interest throughtout the four measures that it runs. Fret noise is a little distracting, but that's a small thing. Good lyrics, all in all a nice listen, thanks for sharing.

Nice song, very interesting style!
Voice gives it kind of a dreamy atmosphere....

Cheers
Joe

nicely done.

i too am not sold on the one-sided intro, but not a deal breaker by any means. good job with the super mellow vocals and unique quitar progression. the guitars sound nice and natural but the sound of your finger(s) sliding up to reach that next note is surprisingly in the forefront at times.

i agree that the whole thing gets a little bassy at times, but am not sure if that doesn't just give it a depth that a mellow tune like this might otherwise lack.

good job.

Back