That's a GIRL????

jesus... very cool track. production is awesome. Instrumentation is nuts.

Man, that girl is scary. You guys signed yet? :P

Yo dude...

Yes, the production is excellent, and the instrumentation is insane. Sorry for the echo. It's tough for me to really judge the nuances because they're hard for me to pick out in this track. It sounds well put together.

As for being signed...would YOU tell them no if you were in a room with them?

Is it just me or does this music have no vibe? No bounce? No interests? Its just like lisening to a math equasion. Theres no melody, no care, just a buch of nothing. And I think there is a fine line between singing and screaming redundantly. Anyone remember 1994? Green day and offspring, and these are bands I dont even like. But it was a time when the melodies were pretty interesting, or at least neat. This stuff is just complex for the sake of complexity: One of the major differences between rush and dream theatre.
I would tell them no to being signed. Of course I would!

The drummer and the lead guitarist should go find a band! The bass player is mixed down so bad, he doesn't exist. The lead singer has produced 5+ minutes of the most unintelligible noise I have heard in one hell of a long time. If he was dead, Alice Cooper would be spinning in his grave.-Richie

Well, that's certainly two extremes of the spectrum! This is definitley one of those "love or hate" things.... Pretty much what I've heard in the past about this group. This music is not for everybody.

As for the production comments, Thanks! As for the bass, yes, I'll agree it's low. Then again, they're tuned down to an "A" (man was that ever fun keeping the instruments in tune for tracking) and the bass is pretty much doubling what the guitar does. Hence not much definition. On the other hand, go check out Machine Head's "Davidian"... same thing, Loud guitars & not much bass.... it DOES make for a bigger guitar sound, tho, IMHO. We weren't trying to make a Primus record.

BTW, the band signed a deal with Galy Records out of Montreal.
http://www.galyrecords.com/index.shtml
Galy is also the home of Gorguts & Cryptopsy. The album, "Without any Remorse" should be out in stores in a month or two.

Anyway, please keep those comments coming. I'm always looking to improve my engineering skills, so belive me, any critical comments are duly noted.

-0z-

"One of the major differences between rush and dream theatre."

treason!

I think you guys are so aggrivated with it because you don't understand it. It's not supposed to have a really catchy melody. It's supposed to be technical. There is no vocal melody. I'm not saying you should like it, I couldn't listen to it too much either. I prefer melody, harmony, etc.. But I can appreciate it for what it is.

Well, I can definitely appreciate the drummer, and the lead guitarist, who are tight, and I think the engineering on the drums in particular is excellent, but to quote the ancient bard,
"An a dog had howled thus, they would have shot him". -Richie

she sounds even more brutal than the chic from 'arch enemy'

no real mix complaints.. fairly pro sounding recording.. good drummer..

Richard Monroe said:
Well, I can definitely appreciate the drummer, and the lead guitarist, who are tight, and I think the engineering on the drums in particular is excellent, but to quote the ancient bard,
"An a dog had howled thus, they would have shot him". -Richie

Thanks man! I take particular care in recording drums... actually, it's been more like a 12 year obsession! The guitar player is excellent, but we DID hit a snag when we went to record bass. This band has been through about 4 different bass players in the last year and none of 'em could keep up. On this particular track, if I remember correctly, the guitar player wound up playing bass out of necessity. Not always the best solution.

Music-wise, I'll say again: It's not for everybody. Hell, even I don't get it sometimes. However, I certainly enjoy the challenge of recording it.

BTW, here's a pic of the drum setup we recorded.

Attachments

• jeremy.jpg
    jeremy.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 93
Hey man...I think you've done a really good job with this so far. It's TOTALLY not my bag, but if the vocalist is a female, she's doing an excellent job of hiding it, lol.

It might be the guitars giving this effect, but it seems like the bass is lower at the beginning of the song than it is during the bridge/breakdown part, but overall, I think it needs a bump in the up direction.

That kick sounds like a typewriter, but I know it fits for the genre.

Song comments aside, it's a good mix.

Back