Thanks to the Fostex Forum

gospel

Look, don't think I'm getting all cheesy and snotty or trying to brown nose here or anything like that, but I would like to thank you guys and gals.
This is the best forum out of the 3 or 4 I go on. You folks are the most helpful, nice, encouraging bunch of people that I'm around on the net. I've posted questions and comments in the mixing and mastering forum on this board and on the fasoft forum and either get no comment or some smart ass (I normally don't cuss, but in the case it is the best word) answer implying that I won't be able to get any good results until I have at least $10,000 worth of equipment and 10 years experience. On the fasoft one they make fun of the fact that I sing gospel music and raked clif's mix of King's Gold over the coals.

The last song I posted on here (Out of the Blue) you guys responded and maybe you were just being nice, but at least you responded in an encouraging way. I posted the same song on a Gospel music message board (Out of the Blue is gospel) and they have viewed it 200 times and two people made comments. It may just be that they are very competitive on the gospel site (which is wrong when you all should be striving for the same goal).
Well, I'm through venting and want to say again how much I appreciate you folks. I believe if we lived closer to one another a bunch of us could get together and have a band that would blow the doors off of anyone out there.

Hey Gospel, sorry to hear about your experience on the other forums. I guess we are just happier folks here. After all, people tend to be nicer when they are are happy.
By the way, were there any problems with nowhereradio when you posted 'Out of the blue'? Or is it public domain? I have no idea what the rules are this.

morindae said:
Hey Gospel, sorry to hear about your experience on the other forums. I guess we are just happier folks here. After all, people tend to be nicer when they are are happy.
By the way, were there any problems with nowhereradio when you posted 'Out of the blue'? Or is it public domain? I have no idea what the rules are this.

I leased the track for our group and until I record the song to sell all I have to do is give the writer credit. However, I have corresponded with the writer by email and already have the permission (mechanical license) to record the song for sell. I think nowhereradio is being real strict to cover themselves just in case.
A lot of people are selling their stuff on there and nowhereradio wants to make sure they are covered in the event that someone is selling stuff that they didn't write.

Thanks for the info Gospel. I guess you can't blame nowhereradio for being cautious. I often wonder what is in it for the guy who makes all the effort to provide the service. He doesn't have many adverts or banners on the site so it can't make much money for him. Anyway, I'm glad it's there, it's a wonderful outlet for musicians.

Thank you Gospel for offering your talent and expetise (sp).

You are quick to offer advise and support for others and I feel that that kind of attitude is contagious here.

I too derive more enjoyment from this forum than any other, so you are not the only one who feels this way.

It is too bad about your experiences on the fasoft forum I am sorry to hear that people have to (try) to belittle you for your beliefs or because they do not like the way we (or I) mix things.

clif

p.s. John 15:18-21

I believe that scripture definitely fits. Appreciate comments from everyone. And clif, I posted the song for advice on a mic and they were too busy saying that the drum machine was no good, etc. etc. They never even got around to giving me any mic advice.

Could be that Christians are popping up with regularity on this forum, some right out of the blue!
Could be that we all pretty much like each other, and actually have an interest in helping others.
Maybe it's a combination of both, but whatever it is I feel the same way you do Gospel.
As far as the mix comments are concerned......those dudes have NO IDEA what Clif had to do to even make it so anyone could even HEAR that song! I think he did a great job, and since I wrote the song........well I should just shut up.

Peace,
bd

I think all you guys are great... this forum helped me more than the other one i went to AND the fostex site itself... course, they dont offer much support as it is. I think it is awesome, being a Christian myself, coming in here and seeing the attitudes of my brothers and sisters shining. Its really encouraging to me. Being a missionary with Youth With A Mission, I will be doing a lot of traveling and recording too, so thanks for the help so far.. im sure more questions will come!

Ain't it funny how God makes a way for His children to be able to get together.

Oh, and buck, they didn't bash the mix too bad. They just didn't ever give me the advice I was looking for because they were too busy saying the the drum machine should go and there was too much treble, etc. What it boils down to is the majority of them have that mentality that we novice recordists always run across when asking for advice. Basically what they are saying is "when you become a professional like me then you will know what you need to do", but don't want to help you get there.

I must concur. Even though what I do is a tad bit different, everyone here is so cool about it.
Way cool place.

Yup this forum is awesome and it is great to fellowship with bros and Sisters here. It's also great to be able to toss a lil salt and shine some light. :)

When I first started posting down in the MP3 Clinic over a year ago, alot of brothers came out of the closet and I've had some very interesting conversations with brothers of the Jewish Faith via PM, over my handle here. :D

Y'all are welcome to come by our lil place in cyberspace over at Christian Musician Forum. I'm BluesAxe4Christ over there, as well as at HC, when I drop by there at times.

http://www.christianmusicianforum.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi

Blessings!!!

><>

I signed up but haven't had time to go back. This is a busy time of year for me. We have 6 bookings this month. I have to sing a duet on the 15th with a lady at church, a solo in a musical at my parent's church, and I don't even know either song yet.

That does explain a lot...

That explains volumes about the good will here on this forum.
I've only been here for a day and half and received many helpful hints, and even responses to my posts!

Narcisistic (sp?) people suck!

Thanks for being real...

Wow. It makes me think I have some serious repenting to do. When I post to this forum, I'm always asking myself whether my remarks will be encouraging to others, or do I come across like a pompous know-it-all? If I have ever come across as the latter, I wish to extend my deepest apologies.

BTW, dyoub, I definitely need to hear some more of ukulele music. Any possibility you might be putting together a CD in the near future? I thoroughly enjoyed the Tiny Tim rendition of "No-where Man." It was so awful I was in stitches.

Hi guys, I was just reading this thread and was amazed at the amount of Christians here. I can't tell you how much easier this will make posting for me. Oh yeah, that and having my pop and sis on too. Anyway, just wanted to chime in and introduce myself, this is only my second post- I'm okobd (older kid of bdbdbuck)
I look forward to chattin' and posting some of my stuff.
><>----I love this, can I use it?
-ok

Back