Tender Reeds (Remixed)

around 0:52 there seems to be an EQ change? Overall my only comment would be the guitar feels like it should come closer to the vocals.

Nice little tune.

around 0:52 there seems to be an EQ change? Overall my only comment would be the guitar feels like it should come closer to the vocals.

Nice little tune.

Thanks! I tried to throw in a bass there, but I guess I failed at that lol.

There's a buzzing from the guitar on some chords (a string-fret buzz). It sounds very apart from the vocals, which are pretty cool!

Yeah, it's interesting. I like it. No mix comments, cuz it all fits at this point.

There's a buzzing from the guitar on some chords (a string-fret buzz). It sounds very apart from the vocals, which are pretty cool!

Thanks! I believe that's because I used my flamenco guitar for this. The fret-buzz that comes from it is nice.

Yeah, it's interesting. I like it. No mix comments, cuz it all fits at this point.

Thanks man!

LIKE it, the split vox are cool.

Thanks for listening!

Very interesting! I enjoyed it....a little static around 1:28 thats coming through...may be from the mixdown. Great job

Yeah, for some reason that happens very rarely. I'll have to investigate to see what the problem is, as I don't know where it's coming from.

Thanks for listening!

Little click at about 1:10. I think it might have been a pick striking the gutiar body. I noticed a few of these. Small, but I heard them.

Heard the static too. For me it was about 1:31.

I thought the lead guitar tone was OK. Slightly harsh. Ripe for an EQ notch around 2400hz.

I'd keep the vocals down the center. On ear buds the the doubling timing issues are quite noticable.

Love the vocals, I like your voice and your phrasing. I guess that the doubled vocals could be tighter so they don't draw so much attention to being doubled. Sounds like there's a slight slapback on one or both of the vocals that might be contributing to the conspicuous doubling. If it's just on one of the vocal parts, try it on the vocal bus instead and see how it sounds.

I like the sound of the nylon string guitar, it's a nice mellow tone and doesn't sound boxy like so many nylons do. And not boomy like all the rest of them sound :D

Nice little electric outro solo there too. The tone is a little thin but it's a good contrast to the rhythm acoustic sound. Good song, I like this kind of stuff. Just a relaxed modern folk song, always a pleasure to me.

This sounds solid to me, nothing out of place to my ears.

Back