Tell me your pedal chain and why thank you

I use the pedal board setup for live performances only. I haven't played out in about 5 years and haven't used the pedals.
In the meantime I replaced my delay with the strymon, got that home made phaser, added the tuner, so I have to start
kinda from scratch. I think I am going to get rid of the Strymon, to much, maybe good for studio but I want something simpler.
Maybe keep it and just get something simpler.
This is the chain I have now.
Chandler tube od / cry baby / delay / phase / tuner / tremolo / volume control
I have never had a tuner in the chain before, it just happened to fit there.

That is interesting but I need to know where to put what I have in the chain and why?
Did I mention I like psychedelic music?

In that case, Mothership goes first because it wholesale replaces my bass sound (thus gaining no benefit from being after anything else)
Then gain pedals (i.e. distortions)
Then timing effects (delay, sustain)
Then the b-board is random effects in no particular (I only use that for the psychedelic band; my other projects just use the a-board)
Then the Super Tube and Cab to emulate amp tones (i.e. final shaping) into the DI

If I'm playing into an amp and not doing the psychedelic project, I'm honestly only using the first half of board A

I like to sometimes do a blend, like going simultaneously into two separate amps or an amp and a pedal or two pedals into two amps and just mic and blend or mic, DI and blend.
I don't actually have many pedals. I have that Digitech Jimi Hendrix pedal
vtedivzbhjfrqqatzbkx.png
{I can't believe they sell for $927/£763 !}, the Digitech Eric Clapton pedal,
zny8nkqavwca7zlj9m7a.png
a cheap Daphon DF2210 wah~wah
qcdfcfnkvbbbh1vojxms.jpg
and this thing called a Ravish Sitar pedal
electro-harmonix-ravish-sitar-347389.jpg
which is supposed to make a guitar sound like a sitar, which of course, it does no such thing. But it does add some interesting colour to an electric guitar, banjo or mandolin when used sparingly.
I find that all of the settings and combinations of settings that I have on my few pedals and amps, plus the few effects on my Akai DPS12i more than give me scope for noises. I don't have any specific chain. I'm actually wondering if I've ever repeated any particular chain.
Just call me Signor Random.

I use the pedal board setup for live performances only. I haven't played out in about 5 years and haven't used the pedals.
In the meantime I replaced my delay with the strymon, got that home made phaser, added the tuner, so I have to start
kinda from scratch. I think I am going to get rid of the Strymon, to much, maybe good for studio but I want something simpler.
Maybe keep it and just get something simpler.
This is the chain I have now.
Chandler tube od / cry baby / delay / phase / tuner / tremolo / volume control
I have never had a tuner in the chain before, it just happened to fit there.
I keep my volume pedal at the beginning of my chain so that it does not mute my delay/reverb when I do swells or use it mute the signal. I always want to hear the tails keep going.

I like to sometimes do a blend, like going simultaneously into two separate amps or an amp and a pedal or two pedals into two amps and just mic and blend or mic, DI and blend.
I don't actually have many pedals. I have that Digitech Jimi Hendrix pedal
vtedivzbhjfrqqatzbkx.png
{I can't believe they sell for $927/£763 !}, the Digitech Eric Clapton pedal,
zny8nkqavwca7zlj9m7a.png
a cheap Daphon DF2210 wah~wah
qcdfcfnkvbbbh1vojxms.jpg
and this thing called a Ravish Sitar pedal
electro-harmonix-ravish-sitar-347389.jpg
which is supposed to make a guitar sound like a sitar, which of course, it does no such thing. But it does add some interesting colour to an electric guitar, banjo or mandolin when used sparingly.
I find that all of the settings and combinations of settings that I have on my few pedals and amps, plus the few effects on my Akai DPS12i more than give me scope for noises. I don't have any specific chain. I'm actually wondering if I've ever repeated any particular chain.
Just call me Signor Random.
I used to use two amps live. Princeton Reverb when playing rhythm and an Ampeg VT22 for lead. Hauling them around got old quick.

I keep my volume pedal at the beginning of my chain so that it does not mute my delay/reverb when I do swells or use it mute the signal. I always want to hear the tails keep going.
I will give that a shot, I have thought about it.

Thanks for the thread people. I have one fuzz pedal and one octave pedal in front. Sometimes. Otherwise there's nothing but the guitar and the amp.

I've been considering something like the Boss ME-80 though, for fun.

I am not fond of distortion. Whenever I hit that pedal it's like, where did my guitar go. I use a chandler tube overdrive pedal, just enough to give it some
sustain. I have the Chandler, a Ibanez screamer, and Tech 21. The Tech21 and tube screamer are now for sale.

Back