Tell me your pedal chain and why thank you

dogooder

and effects send and return pros and cons or both
Anyway, chain has always been kind of haphazzard thing for me and I am sure there is a right way and a not so right way.
Here is what I am running
Chandler Tube Overdrive
Strymon Timeline for delay
TC Shape Shifter for tremolo
Cry Baby Wha
Some kind of flanger chorus, looks homemade, sounds good
Volume Control pedal
Tuner
I have a compressor but when I insert it into the chain I have problems with feeding back.
I tried a different compressor, same thing.

I rarely use most of them, usually only the strymon and the TC and volume control.
I have never really used a FX S/R. The amp I have now someone removed the input jacks for them, don't know if the wiring etc is
still there or whats up.
Most of the time except for reverb or delay I play clean.
Thanx
Input will be appreciated.

I used to have a chain very much like yours but eventually went to a Boss ME-80. It has pretty much what you'd need and much more....great sounds and tones....and many of them are inifinitely adjustable including a volume / wah pedal. It works on a wall wart or batteries. You can find them used for a fair price.

Mick

(board A) Pigtronix Mothership 2 > Idiotbox No Moon > Blue Ocean Delay > Nano Freeze > (board B) Haggtronix commissioned voice changing megaphone pedal > iStomp (synth mode) > iStomp (polyphonic pitch mode) > Industrialect Generator 7446 > DOD Death Medal Pedal > circuit-bent chorus > (back to board A) STL Super Tube > Flamma Cab > DI

Did I mention I'm in a psychedelic band?

(board A) Pigtronix Mothership 2 > Idiotbox No Moon > Blue Ocean Delay > Nano Freeze > (board B) Haggtronix commissioned voice changing megaphone pedal > iStomp (synth mode) > iStomp (polyphonic pitch mode) > Industrialect Generator 7446 > DOD Death Medal Pedal > circuit-bent chorus > (back to board A) STL Super Tube > Flamma Cab > DI

Did I mention I'm in a psychedelic band?
That is interesting but I need to know where to put what I have in the chain and why?
Did I mention I like psychedelic music?

I have similar effects and in general here is the order: Volume and Wah first (doesn't matter which one first > dirt pedals > modulation (chorus and tremolo) > delay and reverb last (or in the amp's effect/send if it has one). Add the compressor where ever it sounds best before or after dirt pedals.

I havent used pedals for years.
Back in the mid 70s I had a wah pedal and a 'Little Big Muff' fuzz box.
Can't remember which order was best, but I think fuzz first was interesting.
I bought a couple of Morley wah pedals about 15 years ago. When I put them in 'high frequency position' they really upset
my Line6 Flextone III modelling amp, which shut down for around 15 secs before recovering.
I find my amp has enough effects.

I havent used pedals for years.
Back in the mid 70s I had a wah pedal and a 'Little Big Muff' fuzz box.
Can't remember which order was best, but I think fuzz first was interesting.
I bought a couple of Morley wah pedals about 15 years ago. When I put them in 'high frequency position' they really upset
my Line6 Flextone III modelling amp, which shut down for around 15 secs before recovering.
I find my amp has enough effects.
I am interested by pedals now. I have an original Tube Screamer and Metal Charger.
My go to pedal board was a Boss ME6 which I still have.. it is the dogs... I used it for years with an old Marshall JMP 100 just clipped and punchy clean to provide the clean sound. The ME6 did the overdrive and lead and chorus and delay. It was a great sound for live work which did me for 20 years for live gigs. The combination gave me everything I needed for live work.

I am interested by pedals now. I have an original Tube Screamer and Metal Charger.
My go to pedal board was a Boss ME6 which I still have.. it is the dogs... I used it for years with an old Marshall JMP 100 just clipped and punchy clean to provide the clean sound. The ME6 did the overdrive and lead and chorus and delay. It was a great sound for live work which did me for 20 years for live gigs. The combination gave me everything I needed for live work.
The ME6 with the Marshall just clippy clean hard but clean. The Boss overdrive replicated the Marshall at full pelt. The Chorus and delay replicated that Alex Lifeson sound I craved circa 1979 Hemispheres. It was just what I wanted, great sound. Only regret is I did not have a Wah.

I hate pedals. With that said I sure do have a bunch. Primarily I run a Tube Screamer, a Boss TR-2 trem, TC Electronics Profit delay and a Budda Bud_Wah that has since been retired. 20190630_193859.jpg

The ME6 with the Marshall just clippy clean hard but clean. The Boss overdrive replicated the Marshall at full pelt. The Chorus and delay replicated that Alex Lifeson sound I craved circa 1979 Hemispheres. It was just what I wanted, great sound. Only regret is I did not have a Wah.
Have a Dunlop Q Wah now

Note; I run this into two Fender Blues Jrs in a wet amp/dry amp stereo setup. The tone stuff (Wah and Tube Screamer) hit both amps. The time based effects (delay and trem) only hit one amp.

Note; I run this into two Fender Blues Jrs in a wet amp/dry amp stereo setup. The tone stuff (Wah and Tube Screamer) hit both amps. The time based effects (delay and trem) only hit one amp.
If you have an old Marshall and wind it up half way and use the tube screamer then you can get the Eddie sound

Back