Teac A-2300S and the Capstan Motor, and the FF & Rev motors

Joe_Southern

I have a Teac A-2300S and the Capstan Motor, and the FF & Rev motors won't work.

I picked this up and the pinch roller wouldn't engage due to grease buildup. Took it apart and cleaned them (as I've done successfully on one other Teac) and now that part works great. Hold up the right tension arm, push play and it pulls up the pinch roller to the Capstan shaft and falls back fine. Perfect.

Problem is that the Capstan motor won't turn now.

The solenoid for the pinch roller works fine. The solenoids for the FF & Rev work fine also. It's just the motors won't turn.

I've tried switching the speed (as I think it's central to the circuit) to no avail.

I must have knocked something loose perhaps, but don't see anything. Any ideas? As I said the Left Tension switch seems ok as the solenoids work. Just the motors don't turn. They turn freely by hand.

Ideas?

I got this working. The two switches for the right tension arm - that assembly - I must not have put it back exactly right. I had loosened it to get the pinch roller assembly out to clean it. Took that switch assembly apart and tried the switch and the motor fired up. Reinstalled that and all seems fine now.

Reactions: RFR
Back