Taylor Swift Tiny desk conceet

I'm not buying for a minute that do-gooder actually thinks that. I think he's yanking y'all's chain. For the fun of it.

Blow him off. No one cares. And certainly not Taylor Swift.

I like Tiny Desk Concerts.

In today's music world, Taylor Swift is the Queen. Someone has to be there - today it's her.

I think Suzanne Vega and Alanis Morissette write songs with more interesting lyrics and melodies. They've also got bands, and their songs don't sound as if 50 of them strung together are merely different parts of the same song going on forever.

Different eras.

That said, IMO she totally has the goods to be who she is. I admire her early work and though not my cup tea respect what she has parlayed into a hell of a printing press for $$$
She "deserves" success as much as anyone - she worked at it and it paid off. Pop success isn't about who's got the most chops, it's who finds an audience.

I will say I regard it as a musical crime that Madonna was cast in the Evita movie - there's always a trainload of real musical theater singers who are available - that should have been a showcase for one of them. I've refused to watch it, had more than enough hearing her quaver her way through "Don't Cry For Me Argentina" on the radio. When she's doing her own thing, fine but they were selling the movie to her fan base who don't know the difference between her bleating and an actual theatrical voice. Apparently she campaigned for the role - if she had any integrity she wouldn't have taken it under any circumstances. Roger Ebert's credibility hit the skids when he declared that it showed she could really sing. Jeezus. I half wonder if he was paid to say it or if he really had that much of a tin ear.

Frankly Scarlett, I don't give a damn. I don't fault her for that. I would have bought me a career in music if I could have. I don't have the
talent to make it on my own. It takes more than just musical chops.
That is a very accurate statement.

I can't say I have really watched her videos or listened to her songs. As others have stated, not my thing. But from what I have seen, for a modern pop idol, she seems rather conservative and doesn't show a lot of flesh. Maybe I haven't looked enough, but from what I have seen, she seems to be selling talent more than her body parts.

Haters gonna hate....no worries she'll shake it off. You could of gotten down to this new sick beat :laughings:

Definitely not a big fan where she went with this one but the haters gonna hate came to mind when I read your post that you posted all that shit talk about her based upon presumptions. To each his own, Fortune favors the bold.

Not sure I understand what you are saying. I try to keep "shit talk" to a minimum. I am not one to hate on success. Maybe I misread your intention.

• Wow
Reactions: TAE
Lots of valid points on this thread. From my observations in general, who you know is as important at what you do and how well you do it. Most times even more so.

I’ve seen lot of amazing talent wither on the vine while a lesser, more connected talent rises to some level of stardom.

Reactions: TAE
Not sure I understand what you are saying. I try to keep "shit talk" to a minimum. I am not one to hate on success. Maybe I misread your intention.
Sorry man I totally screwed up on that one, mixed up post and ran with it. Hey it was early morning and my mind was still foggy Peace man! :unsure:

Back