Taylor Swift Tiny desk conceet

She’s a great songwriter for sure.

One of my kids really likes Olivia Rodrigo and she’s growing on me too.

I don't much dig her music, but i'm also not her target audience. Still, I respect the success she has and for doing it her way.
I didn't get halfway through the first song. lol. Oh well.

I don't much dig her music, but i'm also not her target audience. Still, I respect the success she has and for doing it her way.
I didn't get halfway through the first song. lol. Oh well.
That's pretty much the same with me. It is entirely not my thing. But I don't struggle one bit with seeing how and why she is HUGE. She's talented, classy, strong. And, dare I say it, beautiful. Not a bad role model, at all.

Good for her!

My daughter in law is a super-fan. Been to see every tour. Some, like this latest one, twice - back to back shows in Phoenix. Met her at meet and greet thingy at some point. Yeah... TS is a major force in her life.

I will take this, a lot more class and less ass and a lot more talent.

That’s why there’s Fords n Chevy’s. I know you’re a big fan of these girls. For me nah. But Taylor she’s the epitome of an young Mercian success story. Geniuine and damn talented. Her first song that put her on Billboard is the song below written solely by her at 14. A year later she’s world famous. I was a fan as much for her songwriting brilliance at such a young age and her ability to play and sing so well at that same crazy young age. Was worried the industry would kill her young. Fortunately shes done a good job of being a first class act. Hopefully she’ll enjoy a long career like Dolly Parton

That’s why there’s Fords n Chevy’s. I know you’re a big fan of these girls. For me nah. But Taylor she’s the epitome of an young Mercian success story. Geniuine and damn talented. Her first song that put her on Billboard is the song below written solely by her at 14. A year later she’s world famous. I was a fan as much for her songwriting brilliance at such a young age and her ability to play and sing so well at that same crazy young age. Was worried the industry would kill her young. Fortunately shes done a good job of being a first class act. Hopefully she’ll enjoy a long career like Dolly.
@TAE, Wouldn't it be awesome if just one of our daughters achieved Taylor Swift's level of talent and stardom?

Yeah I'm a fan

Taylor is pretty good - her first song is a bit snicker-inducing. The reason anyone has ever heard of her is she's an absolute babe and that's what opened doors for her because they saw her as marketable and her affluent parents bought an interest in the label - her publicity material doesn't include that part. It wasn't her adequate but not outstanding voice. Odds are a man with the exact same level of singing and songwriting chops would be toiling in obscurity.

Reactions: TAE
Taylor is pretty good - her first song is a bit snicker-inducing. The reason anyone has ever heard of her is she's an absolute babe and that's what opened doors for her because they saw her as marketable and her affluent parents bought an interest in the label - her publicity material doesn't include that part. It wasn't her adequate but not outstanding voice. Odds are a man with the exact same level of singing and songwriting chops would be toiling in obscurity.

When ever I see a young kid make it big...Like that 6 year old recording in Electric Ladyland Studios I think about the "stage parents"
Think about the Beach Boys and their dad.
Joe Jackson the task master of the Jackson's and Michael
The Osmonds
Mario Lopez and Fergie both were child actors on Kids incorporated. They didn't get there on their own.
Billie Eilish's brother Finneas was a child actor with a huge fan base from being an actor on Glee. His already established fame fast tracked Billie's first hit for sure...tweeting it to his million plus fans.
Youngsters in show business have to have parents that are putting them in front of media decision makers...

In Taylor's case..the rumors are based on some true facts and some falsehoods,,,but for sure had her parents not been helping her develop her skills and taking her to the lessons , seminars and shows odds are we would not be talking about her... It all goes back to their parents...

That said, IMO she totally has the goods to be who she is. I admire her early work and though not my cup tea respect what she has parlayed into a hell of a printing press for $$$

A good article on how she "Made it" below
click on the pic to read the whole article

1692546404496.png

When ever I see a young kid make it big...Like that 6 year old recording in Electric Ladyland Studios I think about the "stage parents"
Think about the Beach Boys and their dad.
Joe Jackson the task master of the Jackson's and Michael
The Osmonds
Mario Lopez and Fergie both were child actors on Kids incorporated. They didn't get there on their own.
Billie Eilish's brother Finneas was a child actor with a huge fan base from being an actor on Glee. His already established fame fast tracked Billie's first hit for sure...tweeting it to his million plus fans.
Youngsters in show business have to have parents that are putting them in front of media decision makers...

In Taylor's case..the rumors are based on some true facts and some falsehoods,,,but for sure had her parents not been helping her develop her skills and taking her to the lessons , seminars and shows odds are we would not be talking about her... It all goes back to their parents...

That said, IMO she totally has the goods to be who she is. I admire her early work and though not my cup tea respect what she has parlayed into a hell of a printing press for $$$

A good article on how she "Made it" below
click on the pic to read the whole article

View attachment 132404
Frankly Scarlett, I don't give a damn. I don't fault her for that. I would have bought me a career in music if I could have. I don't have the
talent to make it on my own. It takes more than just musical chops.

This is why I spend less and less time on forums:

The keyboard "heroes" slinging terrible names at someone, in this case because she is: successful, rich, pretty and on top of it all, very generous.

Going back to the various forums of the early 2000s, when I was doing collabs on-line with a group of folks, things were more polite, in the effortless, adult way, not the stilted, Am-I-saying-Something-Wrong-Walking-On-Eggs way. There was give-and-take, critique and participation, and very little name calling.
Such posts have increasingly infested a lot of conversations in a lot of forums, to reference another thread we have here about the declining tone of talk.

Would the poster who called Swift a name actually tell her that, face to face...
I am no fan of her music, but, corporate push or not, Swift has worked hard on her own material and gotten rewarded for it.

C

Back