Tascam US1800 broken?

PhilLondon

Hey all.

I've successfully recorded stuff using my Tascam US1800 and Kemper in the past. I'm not extremely clued up on it, I just try to get as low a latency as possible and record. I haven't done it for a while and I'm trying to record today and I'm getting loads of Latency, I've been trying to set the mix as equal, but I can hear myself and a delayed version.

I'm going Kemper with 2 XLR into Tascam US1800 input 1&2 into Logic Pro X.

The monitoring knob doesn't do anything at all when I turn it either to the left or the right, so I'm not sure if that's broken. Should that be doing something?

Can anyone tell me what I should be setting the Tascam to and what the settings in Logic should be just in order to troubleshoot. Thanks.

You only need to ask once. Please don't start new threads for the same question.

Maybe try reloading the drivers. I have the 1800 also and found the need to reload drivers due to another problem.

About the delay part, turn off monitoring in Logic. I'm not familiar with Logic, so don't know how to do it.

I'm not familiar with Logic, but make sure you have the Tascam selected as your audio output device. The Tascam US 800 has software to control the device mixer settings, not sure if the 1800 does.

Thanks, I turned off the monitoring and it still doesn't work. I'll reinstall the drivers. The US1800 is set as the main output.

Anything else to consider?

Don't know what that setting is - everything is automatic for me with the Tascam drivers and Reaper. Maybe it was sending the recorded signal 3 seconds into the future?!

Can anyone help me configure Logic Pro X and a Tascam US-1800, so that Logic picks up the signal from the Tascam?
(I'm running a MacBook Pro 2010 with Maverick OS)

Back