Tascam msr-16

gruemungus

I just bought a msr-16 with under 20 hours on it, including rack stand, 4 8 line rca to 1/4" snakes, 1 each unopened ampex 456 499 and a mint manual for $850. Did i do okay? The same guy has a mackie 24/8 with some type of automation unit ,2 patch bays and a console for $1300. Is this a good deal? He is upgrading to the tascam m-3500. I was gonna try and find a Tascam m-520 or something but if this is good deal i may jump on it. thanks

I think you did well, especially that you say it's a low use recorder and I assume local. Yeah, pretty good indeed. What's the date code on the tapes? There's usually a string of numbers on the spine, something like 89125... Don't use it until you verify.

The Mackie deal seems a bit bloated to me. That model has a hard time even approaching 1K on the used market. Not sure what that automation unit is, that you speak of and if it's expensive or not but I'd personally offer the guy a bit less than his asking price. Better yet ask what his bottom of the barrel price is and then go a hundred or two less.

Many a time it's OK to pay a bit more for a local deal. It's worth it.

i have a Tascam MSR24 i'm trying to sell complete with midiizer /remote/ 1 tape/ foot pedal thingy/ and all instruction manuals,
anyone got any ideas how much its worth and where to sell it??

i bought it last year, it came out of a TV Studio that hardly ever used it.
we plugged it all in to see if it worked, which it did, then have never used it!
I need to get rid of this cause i've run out of room in my studio and i'm upgrading to digital (smaller) set up.

its a reluctant sale as i'd luv to hang onto it, just can fit it in anymore, and want to see it going to a good home, someone make me an offer...
or can you let me know how much its worth??

some pic are on our website on the audio page.

www.theideasunit.com.au

Well, since you hijacked gruemungus thread I say it's worth $50.00 as long as you pay shipping. I'm just kidding. Try looking on Junkbay or craigslist for a comparable deck and make your price from that point. PM me if you are serious. Welcome to the forum.

That sounds like a fantastic deal, if hte deck has that little use! The rubber parts may still need to be replaced but that is a minor expense.

https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=295243&highlight=counter

The Mackie deal seems way too high, unless the "console" is some really nice piece of furniture with patch bays etc etc etc.. The 456 tape is likely sticky and useless because of the 1990 date code. AFAIK 499 was not affected by sticky shed. Search here for "sticky shed"

https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=237300

I just bought a msr-16 with under 20 hours on it, including rack stand, 4 8 line rca to 1/4" snakes, 1 each unopened ampex 456 499 and a mint manual for $850. Did i do okay? The same guy has a mackie 24/8 with some type of automation unit ,2 patch bays and a console for $1300. Is this a good deal? He is upgrading to the tascam m-3500. I was gonna try and find a Tascam m-520 or something but if this is good deal i may jump on it. thanks

I have a Tascam M520 w/roadcase and manual for sale in Vancouver BC Canada $1000CDN or best offer

I have a Tascam M520 w/roadcase and manual for sale in Vancouver BC Canada $1000CDN or best offer

I'm near by and have seen your ad for the past several months or so. If I were still buying gear or saw an unbelievable deal, I'd bite. Anyway, if possible, try to post some of your own photos, in good size / clarity and have it hosted by photobucket (that's the best place). I'm sure you'll get more interest that way. Are there any issues (cosmetic / functional) with the mixer? How flexible are you on the price? Are you the original owner? What's the mixer's history? Was it ever shipped and if so, how?

I guess ill use the 456 as a take up reel and pick up some RMGI SM911? As for the mackie im gonna pass on it i think, even thought its only an hour away. I wish i was closer to you skim but im over here in maine, and shipping would be a small fortune, plus the risk for damage. Are there any modern boards that would match up with the msr-16 or should i hold out for......

Back