Tascam M520 Story...

flyingace

That is perfectly awesome (that the free M-520 works)…awesome!!

I love “Sound City.”

Hey on the source for the tuner input, honestly I’d put it on a patchbay if you have an open jack set…just temporarily patch from your source channel to the tuner input. Otherwise you’d have to use one of your PGM groups or an AUX buss. Those are the only busses that can source any of the 20 inputs.
I have one it’s wired into channel 1 which I use for a direct guitar input that can be routed to whatever tape track I choose.
I don’t “output” signal from the M520.

Guitar into tuner, tuner output into M520.
All good ideas. I do have extra patchbay connections, I’ll use one. Thanks!

Dahoxic

Hey awesome thread !

maybe a dumb question but right now I have a tascam M520 - > aux out 1 -> behringer ha 8000 direct in (8 channel headphone amp with a respective direct in for each headphone output.)

The signal is very very quiet. However, when I go into the main in of the behringer, (or direct in) from the stereo master B, I get the proper volume.

It was my understanding you can use the 4 auxiliary outs pre fader to get four individual aux sends while tracking and the behringer headphone amp powers this signal? Or is monitoring for the talent only supposed to come from the stereo master B channel
Any help is appreciated.

sweetbeats

Reel deep thoughts...
Hey awesome thread !

maybe a dumb question but right now I have a tascam M520 - > aux out 1 -> behringer ha 8000 direct in (8 channel headphone amp with a respective direct in for each headphone output.)

The signal is very very quiet. However, when I go into the main in of the behringer, (or direct in) from the stereo master B, I get the proper volume.

It was my understanding you can use the 4 auxiliary outs pre fader to get four individual aux sends while tracking and the behringer headphone amp powers this signal? Or is monitoring for the talent only supposed to come from the stereo master B channel
Any help is appreciated.
I replied to your question you posted on my YouTube video about the M-520. Did you see it?