Tascam M3500

keilson

I currently have a Berhinger 24 channel Eurodesk. I'm looking to upgrade with a used board. I am using a MOTU 24i with the board. Someone has offered be a Tascam M3500 for $1000. I'm trying to find out as many opinions on this board as I can. I've read a good amount through the site, but in terms of sound quality for tracking and mixing will it be a huge upgrade from my eurodesk. How are the preamps? Is it noisy? If not I will save and hold out for something better.

For what it's worth, I use one with an Alesis HD24/ MOTU 2408 mkII and couldn't be happier. I don't use the boards preamps for recording, I have plenty of outboard stuff for that. I just mix through it. With a 24 channel board you get 48 line level inputs. Plenty of inputs for AUX returns and such.

hey Track Rat, I still have the same offer. I'm trying to decide if I should buy it or hold out and save for a used ghost. Is it noisy in terms of mixing? The preamps have to be quieter then my behringer eurodesk right? Also, how is it in terms of crosstalk? I have bad crosstalk on my eurodesk. Just trying to get a good valued board, so I won't have to upgrade again for a good amount of time. Thanks again

In terms of mixing, it's plenty quiet. But I have to admit, all things being equil, if I could have had a Ghost for the same or a bit more money, I'd go for the Ghost.
I'm not sorry by any means I bought the 3500. It does exactly what I wanted it to do. Decent EQ, a TON of inputs, no crosstalk problem. I'd bet that it smokes most any Behringer mixer. I don't think I could have found a functional 24 channel Ghost for what I paid for this so I'm happy.

yeah it seems that I'd have to pay double for a used ghost. Hmmm I'm gonna have to really think about this. Thanks again

Back