Tascam m320 for hybrid setup

Sav2319

Hi everyone, I’ve got a Tascam m320 console and a couple converters I’m trying to get to work together in my daw. I’ve been plugging mics into the mic in on the mixer, routing the direct out to the input on my converter and then the output of the converter back into the line in on the console. I also have the stereo outs going into two inputs on the converter but I’m kind of lost after that as far as routing in the daw and getting everything to work properly. The goal is to track through the mixer with little to no processing in the way in, then use the faders and on board eq to mix songs in conjunction with plugins. I’m using reaper btw. Any help would be appreciated!!

Not going to be a lot of help but I think you should give precise details of the converters? The way they interact with DAWs might be important.

On a MUCH smaller scale I am playing with a Xenyx 1202 and an NI Ka6 and that seems to work perfectly well with Samplitude Pro X3. I have Reaper so will see how that behaves. Once I get this nailed down I am shipping the mixer to son in France.

Dave.

Not going to be a lot of help but I think you should give precise details of the converters? The way they interact with DAWs might be important.

On a MUCH smaller scale I am playing with a Xenyx 1202 and an NI Ka6 and that seems to work perfectly well with Samplitude Pro X3. I have Reaper so will see how that behaves. Once I get this nailed down I am shipping the mixer to son in France.

Dave.
I have to interfaces I'm using for the converters, one is a presonus audiobox 1818vsl, and the other is a focusrite scarlett 18i20, i've used both interfaces with reaper before with no problem, but never in line with a mixer.

Don't know about the Presonus but the Scarlet has some very powerful routing software you can download, even if it is an early model I think the 'Gen3' software still works on it. I have an old 8i6 and the MixControl software for that but it baffles me! I have read that the G3 software is more user friendly? Sadly it won't work for early 8i6's.
'Bout all I have to say but I am sure someone here has one or other interfaces and can help.

Dave.

Back