Tascam Forum back but empty

adrstudio

The old link for Tascam Forum is pointing again for a Tascam Forum but a empty one. Looks like a fake one that somebody just got the name and there is nothing posted. All the valuable database is not there. Sad. The login is not working also, all gone.

I think I'll be hanging here where I'm enjoying too.

I hope you realize that it can't just be magically restored. Getting the domain from the brokers was hard enough. If someone can get a hold of a backup of the old database, I'm happy to import it.

Sorry I didn't intend to be rude, but what is back is the domain not the Forum.

I tried to help to put it back with the domain .org and KeithS (from TascamForums) did the same with the domain .net. We both had the same idea to hold these domains before gone and offered to transfer to Dr. Who daughter but no answers. Terry said at the time that the things where running, don't know what happened. We gave up.

I hope you can get the database back. Will be good for everyone of us.

adrstudio, thanks for the heads up.

The thing with alternate domains is most people simply won't know to look there. The original forum is linked by hundreds of audio-related sites all over the Internet, so people click on those links and hope to find a forum, and they leave disappointed (like I did when I tried finding it).

There are tons of people stopping by looking for that forum every day, so all we can do is make the best of that and upload any materials that come our way. I believe the moderators have a lot of the manuals and other stuff, but I don't have their contact info.

You're right that you can't resurrect everything in one day, and it will be a group effort, but we can definitely bring back the site and even improve upon the old forum. If people are interested in having it back, there is no other choice, really.

Back