Tascam DP01 portastudio

I'm looking into one of these too, Prog Metal Guy, but I may spring for the FX unit, which includes phantom power. Do you use condenser mics with an offboard mic preamp? Or are you using dynamic mics?

Hey how ya doing jumbosilverette? I actully have SM 57 and SM58 mics I run thru a small Alesis Multimix 6fx It has Phamtom Power as well, so if I get a Condenser Mic it should be cool. I also have an Old Alesis Quadra Verb 2.0 version that I use for efx, or my Guitar Pedal Board with a Marsall MG 15DFX w/ SM 57, or direct to recorder. I'm still getting the hang of it all

I bought a DP-01 also. Just playing with it right now until I get a SM57, mic pre, and a powered amp. Cutting, moving, pasteing and learning other things. I'll start recording myself on trumpet playing duets, then graduate to my daughters MIDI for some real fun.

Dave

I happen to have one too. Just had it for 3 weeks, and have laid down 8 songs total by now.
I really like the crispiness it delivers as opposed to cassette multitrackers.
Congrats on your buy.
Cheers!

Wow. It's great to see so many people working with these things. I'm going to compare the Tascam and Fostex BR-8 this weekend at the local GC. I intend to use the recorder to multitrack myself (vocals, ukulele, melodica, washbord, etc -- a kind of one-man jug band). How about when some of you guys feel comfortable with what you've recorded, you post it somewhere to encourage me?

Thanks.

Whoa. Nice job, Progmetal. It seems like you established a nice preliminary balance between the vocal and guitars. Nice reverb on the voice. And the Sure 57 sounds realy good. Thanks for posting that. I'm really looking forward to recording my first track.

Hey thanks much. I still have to work with the distorted guitar, sounds a bit buzzy, but over all its the recorder we are checking out. Considering I just used a Bata 58a with nothing fancy and a 57 for guitars I think this reorder can do lots

Hey ProMetalGuy,

I have been thinking about getting this as a recording package offered from Musician's Friend.

I am a little hesitant. I want to know if it's really worth it. It's a very good deal from MF - you get everything you need, but it's such a big purchase.

Is it worth it? Is it easy to use?

I have the extra money to do it this month and this is probably a one-time buy.

I bought a new computer with Windows XP last month with USB 2.0, so backing up wouldn't be a problem.

Let me know if you can help me decide or influence the decision, as you have used one of these units :)

Thanks,

uhhuhhim

I saw that deal too It seems like a very good deal to me. All I needed was the recorder so thats why I got the DP01

The recorder is very good and very easy to use
All I did was assign the tracks I wanted to record and press record
Did simple mixes to my PC then burned a CD and created an MP3
Thats what the link above is
2 clean guitar tracks
1 vocal
1 distorted guitar track

For the money you can't beat it CD quality easy of use

Why do they always leave those out?

What type of USB cable is it? I know there's two kinds...

I'm sorry I keep asking so many questions. If they would just include the cable, I wouldn't have to ask.

Yes I understand, it would have been nce if they included the cable

It the kind thay has an almost square end at one side and normal USB on the other end

Ok, thanks prometalguy.

I still haven't made up my mind.

I wouldn't even know how to record my guitar if I had one.

How does that work?

i just got the dp01fx

there is a guy that was on ebay with brand new dp01fx, they are store demos with full warranty, one great price, if anyone is interested let me know and i will send you his email address, i was excited to get this for less that the dp01 is. i am just starting to work with it tonight, rock on guys

Dps01fx

Yes, there are a few people selling brand new in-the-box DPS01s. I just bought a DP01FX for about $ 375. Sealed box, arrived in three days...one word "EBAY".

Last edited:
Back