Tascam 32SD Beware . . no internal memory

Musicmate007

Having previously owned the Tascam Neo, i have just started using the DP-32 . . it has its advantages, but one BIG disadvantage .. no internal memory whatsoever ! . . i have experience of SD cards going all pear shaped on cameras etc.. the pc not recognizing them, not loading at all etc. . can you imaging spending hour upon hour recording, and its just all come togrther nicely . . only to discover your SD card is playing up . . and HORROR . .there is no back up memory on your Tascam. !! i have just discovered this.. and just wish i had bought the 32 CD version like the Neo had

The means of backup is to your PC via the USB connection. I would trust this more than a CD and likely much faster.
Did you actually have a problem with an SD card?

dp32 backup.jpg

Thanks, No, i have just started using the DP 32SD.. but going from past experience with cameras, an SD card shouldnt be relied on as the only source of storage.. even my camera has
an internal memory should the SD card throw a wobbler. I used the USB link on the Neo to transfer files to the PC, i think doiing this takes away from the supposed 'simplicity'
of SD use, the actual CD burning process that i used to do on the Neo, is the least of all the tasks, in comparison to editing/mixing/mastering etc. Taking the SD card out and burning it
on a pc is no further advanced or any simpler than burning it on a Tascam with that facility, if anything, i think it is more hassle. + The Neo i had with CD burner has a hard disc memory, which looking back, i would personally prefer to an SD card

Back