Tascam 2488 Users needed

I think you'll really enjoy it. Memory hasn't been a problem for me, but I've been doing most of my work in 16-bit so far. (And to be honest I haven't been all that prolific.) Anyhow, backing up to free up disk space is easy.

that's what i'm doing now. i'm backing up all the .wav files on my dp 01 to my computer so that when the 2488 get's here i can load up what i want to work on without problems. :)

Great news Nicole, congratulations:D:D

I'm sure you're going to enjoy it a lot.

As a former DP01 user, I still do what you said, back everything up in my PC. So eventhough I have the 80GB HD, it's never going to be full...not even close;)
Also, with the 2488, you can burn all your individual tracks to a CD for ease of transfer.
Say I record the drum tracks first, then add some bass and guitars (12 tracks); I burn these to a CD, then transfer to my PC for mixing, then bounce the 12 tracks to a stereo track, and then clean out the original 12 tracks. Then, keep on tracking:)

Anyway, there's more than one way to skin a cat;)

Again, congrats!

Cheers!

Great news Nicole, congratulations:D:D

I'm sure you're going to enjoy it a lot.

As a former DP01 user, I still do what you said, back everything up in my PC. So eventhough I have the 80GB HD, it's never going to be full...not even close;)
Also, with the 2488, you can burn all your individual tracks to a CD for ease of transfer.
Say I record the drum tracks first, then add some bass and guitars (12 tracks); I burn these to a CD, then transfer to my PC for mixing, then bounce the 12 tracks to a stereo track, and then clean out the original 12 tracks. Then, keep on tracking:)

Anyway, there's more than one way to skin a cat;)

Again, congrats!

Cheers!

thanks :) i'm sure i'm going to enjoy it a lot. 24 tracks is going to seem like heaven compared to the 8 i have now, or the 4 tracks i started with on a yamaha md4 :)

i seem to recall that the original 2488 needed a patch to fix some glitches? is this right? and if so where can i get this patch and how do i install it?

Back