Syncrosoft License Control error..wha?

Neotrix

Before my comp got screwed up by a nasty virus, my Cubase SX3 worked perfectly fine with my Saffire Focusrite.
However, after I finished re-installing my Window XP, it worked fine...for awhile.
It seems that my Saffire is not connected to my comp, but I doubt it. I can cleary see that signals are going thru the Saffire and I can hear the playback, yet it's saying "No Protection Device Connected..."

So I re-install SX3 couple of times, yet it keeps saying that I dont have the connection...

So what should I do? Take it to a pro?

It is.
There was another similar case that someone mentioned in this forum.
After he re-install the Syncrosoft, it did the trick.
Mine is still not showing any connection...
bump :(

Is the little red light on in the Dongle? I just reformatted my drive, Installed Win XP SP2 then Cubase SX3. I installed the dongle and the program opened right up!

Remove the dongle and turn off your computer. Put the dongle back in using a different port and start the computer. Windows will detect a new device and ask you for drivers. Let it find its own and that should work. If not you may need to use the drivers off the Cubase 3 installation disk.

I had to do this to get it to work:

Go Synchrosoft's website and download the lasest version of the licence control centre.

Open the command prompt (go Start>Run and type 'cmd' ---or any other way you prefer to open it)

When the command prompt opens, drag the .exe file that you just downloaded into it. You should see the path of the file in the command line. After that, on the same line, hit space and type '/o'

Then hit return.

This will install the new licence control centre while at the same time uninstalling the old version.

Until I did this I kept getting error messages and Cubase would not start.

One day they'll make something work right out of the box...

Edit: oh I forgot to mention. Try with the dongle plugged into the back of your pc. Not into any USB extension ports or hubs, or any of those USB ports on the front of your pc, as they are just extension ports also. (if experience is anything to go by, plugging the dongle in the front seems to be a bad idea anyway.)

Back