sword fight final battle soundtrack thingy

The acoustic sounds nice....and good lead in to the electric. Drums might be a bit loud in comparison to the guitars. Yep, they seem loud during the quieter guitar parts. Drop them back a little.
Playing is fun sounding man...very good. Reminds me of some of the Spaghetti Western type music. Only thing that really seems out of place is the slightly loud drums right now.

Cool tune man.... :D

Very orchestral - there's a lot of very cool parts all working together in this piece. I like the way you've written this, with some parts being slow (like the intro) and some parts being more uptempo (like the middle). It gives me the feeling of mood and change, mellowness and excitement..... Very cool....
The mix is one of, if not the best I've heard from you SD. Very clear and clean, nice panning and great guitar effects (love that tremelo). The snare felt a tiny bit hot when it was hitting single shots real hard. The rest was cool - enjoyed this one...

Dogman said:
The acoustic sounds nice....and good lead in to the electric. Drums might be a bit loud in comparison to the guitars. Yep, they seem loud during the quieter guitar parts. Drop them back a little.
Playing is fun sounding man...very good. Reminds me of some of the Spaghetti Western type music. Only thing that really seems out of place is the slightly loud drums right now.

Cool tune man.... :D

Thanks for the comments dawg. Glad the guitars sound fine, I was wondering about that. Good point on the drums too, I tried to play everything with more dynamics and since the drums were loops I didn't really think of having dynamics on them too. I'll throw a volume envelope onto the track for that. Glad you had fun with it :cool: :cool:

ido1957 said:
Very orchestral - there's a lot of very cool parts all working together in this piece. I like the way you've written this, with some parts being slow (like the intro) and some parts being more uptempo (like the middle). It gives me the feeling of mood and change, mellowness and excitement..... Very cool....
The mix is one of, if not the best I've heard from you SD. Very clear and clean, nice panning and great guitar effects (love that tremelo). The snare felt a tiny bit hot when it was hitting single shots real hard. The rest was cool - enjoyed this one...

Thanks ido, glad you felt the moods and so on! The song follows a chapter from a story i wrote so I try to make these like a musical story without ever having to know what's behind it... songs like these I end up playing with a lot of emotion since there's a lot behind them, that's cool it translates to some :D
Thanks about the mix too, I actually recorded this song on monday, wasn't very happy with the mix, then completely rerecorded it trying some new stuff :)

By the way, I'm addicted to that tremolo effect on my amp :D

Snake, maybe drop the volume of all the individual tracks, and try and mix it lower, to hear all things clearly, then slowly bring the volumes up. May not work, but who knows. :D

Dogman said:
Snake, maybe drop the volume of all the individual tracks, and try and mix it lower, to hear all things clearly, then slowly bring the volumes up. May not work, but who knows. :D

Cool dog, thanks, I'll give that a try. First I have to stare at your avatar a little longer though :p

Sounds very cool. I agree about the level of the drums. They sound like they were recorded well though.

I like the sound of the acoustic too.

Very cool song. :cool:

Very atmospheric.I like how wide and full this mix is...drums may be a tad to up front during the upbeat parts...that lead part around 2:00 sounds great when it kicks in.You are a master at subtle dynamic shifts in your music...always a interesting listen!!Great Job.

Thanks guys, appreciate the comments!

Danny - cool you like acoustic sound, I've heard a few of your songs recently and thought your acoustic sounds were excellent, so that's a cool comment coming from you ;)
Axeman - just got done doing your deep purple cover, as bad as it probalby turned out... good times :D Anyway, thanks man, about the song.... glad you enjoyed it, I'll fix those drums up... that 2:00 part after all the playing I've done I still managed to cut up my fingers messing around with those bends while I was learning that part... crazy. Thanks again, I tried to mess with dynamics more than ever with this tune :D

What everyone said (Except that sacreligious part about turningdown drums or something...:D )

Nice atmospheres, very moody. I can definitely hear this as a soundtrack to your movie. I dig this alot.

Whoa!!! Now that was a wild ride. You have some very good sounds There SnakeDog5050. The drums might be a little loud, but that really just gave it a very live sound for me. (just some computer speakers here.)

Very nice playing, and you have great sounds.

That's wild.

Very soundtrackish. :)

Reminds me a lot of the Japanese films I used to watch for my Japanese Film class.

Mix sounds really cool. I'd say leave the drums alone at the current settings.

The guitars are sounding real nice, especially the acoustic sound in the beginning and the rhythm.

A very nice song, SnakeDog5050. You play well, and just seem to need a bit of instruction on mixing. And not from me. :)

The sound of the song was very good. There seems to be some volume differences you could address to make it better, mainly with the drum volume, but overall, it is fun to listen to this song. If I could help with some specific ideas, I would, but I am not that good at this recording and mixing yet.

I did enjoy the song immensely though.

You've got good dynamic range on this. I agree with the other comments on the drum levels. Real interesting tune, I like the lead melodies

Damn, you're creative.

Less drums. More ac gtr, though the gtr balance when both ac and elec are playing is good. But tune that acoustic really carefully.

There are some tempo/timing problems, when everything kicks in it sounds better though. Cool and wacky ideas. There was some abrupt measure endings in there that were cool.

BRIEFCASEMANX said:
There are some tempo/timing problems, when everything kicks in it sounds better though. Cool and wacky ideas. There was some abrupt measure endings in there that were cool.

Hey BRIEF, thanks for listening and commenting. After taking a few days off from the tune I'll see if I can retrack any timing problems I can hear. I tend to do that on some parts when I'm kinda "writing while playing." Cool you like the transitions, I tried to fit a few ideas in without writing too long a song :)

Back