Switching between two amps that share the same pedals.

frank1985

Hey guys. I have a new fender amp on the way to work in tandem with my Laney. The Laney has a DI out routed through a torpedo cab, then straight to the interface. The fender will require a torpedo captor load box.

Here's the thing, I want both amps to share the same pedals and a single Torpedo Cab unit for selecting cab sims. They won't be used simultaneously; I just want to be able to switch between them.

Am I going about it the right way with this signal flow or is there a better way? I may substitute the '2 in 1 Out Switcher' for 3 inputs to allow from an extra amp later down the line.

Guitar...last pedal out (mono)...a/b splitter....
Path A OUT: To Laney
Path B OUT: To Fender

Laney DI OUT to '2 in 1 Out Switcher' INPUT A

Fender SPEAKER OUT (8ohm) to Torpedo Captor -- Captor out to '2 in 1 Out Switcher' INPUT B

Single output of switcher to Torpedo Cab ---- to focustite interface.

You don‘t want to hear the Fender’s speaker? Then yes it should work. If I’m reading it right, though, you’ll end up having to flip two switches. At least normally when we say A/B we mean a switch. You could just use a mixer instead of the 2 in 1 out switcher, but that would be prone to noise. There‘s no harm though in leaving the two inputs always connected. After a pedal, you can usually just use a passive split - a Y-cable or three jacks wired together.

Yep, sound like it would work but it's a lot of routing and the need to hit at least two pedals to get what you're after. Just my .02 but that's too many points of potential failure and signal degradation for me.

Back