Sunset Rhapsody - mix feedback?

Rob you are over thinking it. A decent amp mic’d just sounds better because you dont get that sizzly plastic digital fake distorted sound. Also turning up loud and getting the power tubes cranking and the cabinet moving air imparts something as well. This is especially important when the guitars are the focal point like in this recording.

A decent amp mic’d just sounds better because you dont get that sizzly plastic digital fake distorted sound. Also turning up loud and getting the power tubes cranking and the cabinet moving air imparts something as well.
This is not true at all - I make my Helix sound exactly like cranked tube amps or more - if you don't understand how digital works you will be lost.

It absolutely is true. I have a helix floor and love it using the four cable method (especially for live use), but you’re not making it sound exactly like a cranked mic'd friedman or Marshall. If you think you are you just can’t hear the difference or dont have experience with good amps. I use my helix all the time for writing parts first or for support/meat parts behind other parts, but I always re-record with my tube amps for final prominent guitar parts. And the difference is night and day. I'm actually recording a song right now with the helix through my Friedman and it sounds great but the same parts with the same presets direct lack something.

Last edited:
Back