Summing M3500 Group Outs

rorohello

Hi Folks,

So I'm in my garage having a blast recording drums from a 2Box brain (six outs - open architecture sound platform) into my Tascam m3500/MSR-16. Stereo mix in the board was cool and all, but I decided to up the anti and take the Group outs into a TL Audio Fat Track summing mixer. This confused the S!@#$ out of me because I'm only capable of thinking of signal in a mono or stereo (panning) format.

So what's the deal with these Group outs then? Each Group has two outs...but it's the same signal yeah? There is no panning on my summing mixer other than the first two channels. So how do I get a panned tom and cymbal stereo signal into my Fat Track?

Understood. But I don't understand if there is any panning assignment going on anywhere or a trick with the Group/Busses

A portion of the manual talks about "subgrouping"

The TL Fat Track was designed as a tube summing mixer for DAWS. It's four stereo inputs are hard wired L/R. It works great with the Group outs because it has a -4 switch to engage.

Any help or ideas appreciated.

Understood. But I don't understand if there is any panning assignment going on anywhere or a trick with the Group/Busses

A portion of the manual talks about "subgrouping"

The TL Fat Track was designed as a tube summing mixer for DAWS. It's four stereo inputs are hard wired L/R. It works great with the Group outs because it has a -4 switch to engage.

Any help or ideas appreciated.
Your panning occurs in the channel itself then you assign it to a buss.

Clarification:

If you want it panned, say at 9oclock, rather than hard left or hard right.....You’d pan it and assign that channel to two busses.

If you only assigned that channel to one buss you’d end up with a hard panned signal that’s weaker in volume

Hope I’m grasping what you’re having issue with :)

Back