Summer Song

Emeric, forget you ever heard all this stuff in this thread - it'll make you think you're doing real good and then the progress stops. :D I heard this thing once about 'not letting your right hand know what your left hand's doing', and I think it's about doing the best you can, and then not paying attention when the good reports start coming in. As soon as you start believing you're good, the progress stops. Get drunk instead, buddy. You're not there yet. :)

Finally I got in and gave it a listen. nice tempo/feel. You gonna add another guitar? Drummer (at end) either showed great restraint or needs to flow a bit more.(wait, i changed my mind about that. just right around 3:20 ) Either way still damn tasty chops. Didnt want it to end so soon. I realy like your endings that just jam for a minute or so =)

[This message has been edited by Kaputo (edited 07-27-2000).]

Emeric,

It occurred to me....I'm not sure I've heard too much of your stuff. I can't remember much, though I've heard so many good things and you post in here a lot. And so I immediately went to download this latest one and realized WHY I haven't heard much of your stuff.

Do you have a page at mp3.com or something? This idrive shit sucks. I give it two or three attempts but after that I'm over it. I'd really like to hear your stuff!

Slackmaster 2000

Hey Slack,

Yeah, Idrive sucks big time. I've moved this song to:
http://listeningroom.lycos.com/fan/bands/emeric999/Band.html

See if that works any better, if so I'll use that site.

Kaputo: Thanks for the listen. I think i'm gonna punch the drums in from the 6 beat pause near the end. As well, extend the song a bit, maybe some type of drum solo.

Cmiller: Glad you like it. Thanks!

Dobro: So your saying I should just get drunk and not worry about progressing is that it? :)

Nah, the feedback on here both compliments and critism/suggestions - it has helped me a lot, and I appreciate it very much. I'm somewhat of a perfectionist, so in my reality, nothing ever will sound the way I want it to. And I'm sure I'm not alone in this perception. Just getting the song down is the priority, if I can get it to sound halfway listenable, I'm happy.

Let me know if this works for you Slack. Oh yeah, I do have an mp3.com site. Do a search for loan & plant. There are 2 on there. I'm not a big mp3.com fan, trying to find some less bloated places to post music. If anyone knows of anywhere else, please let me know.

[This message has been edited by Emeric (edited 07-28-2000).]

Got it.

Damn those are some tasty drum sounds. And the bass really works. I'm listening at a pretty low level and it still rings clear. I also like your vocal harmonies, very nice.

Sorry I can't comment more....but I can't! I'm impressed though!

Slackmaster 2000

Back