Summer Song

Emeric

Here is a song off the next "project". I thought I would post it now, being summer, it will be spring by the time I finish it :( It's a bit rough, all the tracks were put down today, and there will be other things added to it.

Thanks for listening.

I-Drive is ####ing around again.
www.idrive.com

Username: bob21122112
Password: 901252112

[This message has been edited by Emeric (edited 07-23-2000).]

idrive still has goofy "guest restrictions" going on :mad:. I mailed them last week, only to get a computer generated reply saying they had no "exact ETA" on how long the restrictions would be in place. Ummm... isn't the "E" for "estimate" :confused:? I mailed them again, and got the same computer generated reply (I feel so cheap). You'd think they would at least give a ballpark estimate. I set-up an x-drive account in the interim.

[PS, couldn't get in with the user/pwd given :(]

[This message has been edited by pglewis (edited 07-23-2000).]

shoot, sorry pg..

I messed up the user id.

bob21122112

The song is summer2.mp3

try that, should work.

[This message has been edited by Emeric (edited 07-23-2000).]

Really liked the feel of this one. The vocals were superb. I'm anxious to hear the finished product.

A little muffled, but I've no doubt you'll fix that. It must be nice to have the roughs turn out this good. The instrumental stuff at the end is gonna be great when you get it done. Do you guys even know how to write crappy songs?

It worked....and so did the tune and mix...watcha gonna add to it?...sounded really close to complete....gibs

Sorry. Posted to a new topic.
It was rude of me.

[This message has been edited by ishou (edited 07-24-2000).]

Vocals kick ass.
Drums kicks ass.
Bass kicks ass.
Guitar kicks ass.

Need I say more... the only thing it lacked was one of your patented understated but still ripping solos...

I REALLY liked the ride cymbal sound... and I think the snare had bit more of a "crack" than usual... but maybe because this song is a lot more sparse in terms of instruments than your others that I noticed it more.

I will say that every song I've heard that you've done the harmonised backing vocals sound better each time... is it something you've been consciously (spelling???) working on?

Hey, thanks for d/ling it.

Lambo: glad you like the vocals, there always the toughest part.

gibs: not sure what i'm going to add to it. Not an acoustic though. Maybe a bit of lead here and there.

pglewis: Yeah, hopefully I can get it sounding a little better and yes I got piles of crappy tunes.

ishou: no problem :)

Cooperman: I am trying to get vocals better, this time around I'm not just putting down a scratch vocal and then redoing it 6 months later (that's the plan anyway). Trying to get them as close to ok as I can from the outset. I might put some lead at the end. There are some timing problems in spots that I hope I can improve (hide) with some instrumentation.

Thanks for the listen.

We need another icon that goes beyond the "thumbs up" message.
As S8-N would say: 3 thumbs up!
I had that sucker looping for hours and I still haven't gotten tired of that tune. The last (higher inversion) chord in that progression was great.
I don't see how you could nail the vocals or the guitars or especially that kick drum any better than you have.
The only hitch I found was a little timing glitch in that repeating part at the end, where one part dragged a bit and the rest of the instruments waited for the line to speed up to normal tempo. Nice save.
I once ran across a similar problem in a similar song with my band recording one of my compositions. We ran take after take after take and never got it to the theoretical position I had written into the tune.
Can't wait for my copy of the CD!

Yeah, I got all three thumbs up, too. That guitar moves *so* sexy. You're playing bass better, too, and (wonder of wonders!) it sounded just right to me this time. I got the same timing glitch drstawl mentioned.

You know what's gonna happen, right? You'll get the last cut on the album done, and then have to go back and start rerecording the first cuts so they get up to the quality of the more recent stuff. I'm up for a CD too.

[This message has been edited by dobro (edited 07-24-2000).]

Drstawl, thanks for checking it out. The timing needs a bit of work at the end. Hopefully it's passable up to that point.

Dobro: The bass seemed to work out better this time, don't know why. The lower pitch vocal during the chorus needs to be redone, it's a bit out of time and not quite right.

And your right, that's the way it is, good thing is, this is the first song off of the next "album", and I think i'm getting the sound better. The previous one is done(get you a cd in the next week doc, you too dobro, email me your address - and anyone else interested - $1.00 for the disk and you pay shipping)And - it suffers from this same problem, some of the earlier tracks piss me off. But oh well, move on, live and learn.

Alchuck: thanks!

[This message has been edited by Emeric (edited 07-25-2000).]

Sorry you guys are having problems getting the file, I just tested it with no problems.

You are going to www.idrive.com

And, in the boxes at the top left - not the "visit" box:

Username: bob21122112
Password: 901252112

Not sure why it wont work, I-Drive can be flaky at times though.

Yeah, I-Drive's inconsistent. I had to try about three or four times before I got in. It kept telling me things that weren't true and dumping me. Like a bad girlfriend.

I finally managed to download this tune. I knew I wouldn't be dissappointed, and I wasn't.

Hey Emeric, great tune man! This is a great recording. The drums are just exquisite. I don't have any constructive criticism, so I'll just write mounds of praise instead. This should be on a Cubase demo disc showing people how great DAW recording can sound. It's a simple sound overall, but it sounds perfect, it really does.

Back