Suggestion

davidthangjam10

I'm planning to get some heaphones for mixing and mastering a track cause i don't owned a good headphones neither studio monitors. I'm on low budget so i was thinking of Sennheiser hd201 or Samson SR805 is better?

I'm planning to get some heaphones for mixing and mastering a track cause i don't owned a good headphones neither studio monitors. I'm on low budget so i was thinking of Sennheiser hd201 or Samson SR805 is better?

I would always pick Sennheiser over most brands for cans (tho' AKG are their equal IMHO), The 201s are the bottom feeders tho, can you not squeeze another 5 or 10 quid out of the piggy?

Then there are those that say that you cannot make successful mixes on headphones, regardless of their quality. Do you have access to ANY form of stereo speaker reproducers? Even the cheapest hi fi rig will give you a better idea of instrument placement than cans. Check things on every setup you can find. Boomboxes, car audio, you can play a usb stick thru' most FST TVs these days.

Dave.

hey man thanks for the reply. atm i've been working with a cheap headphones and my computer speaker (which seems very good it has a really good bass sound and all) but i feel more comfortable with mixing with my cheap headphones cause there's lot of noise in my room and i can't concentrate with speaker!

Back