Studio Projects Customer Service

What's you stand H2oskiphil?

I'm not the one slinging crap around about PMI and Studio Projects.

The question is better served being answered by those that are.

What's YOUR stand, DJL? You have made your position very clear about PMI and Studio Projects-not ALL Chinese mics, mind you, just those. You've made your stand, and several people have asked why you've had such a complete turnaround from 8 months ago, when you were singing the praises of SP products on this very forum. Now you take potshots whenever and wherever you can.

Lots of people have asked you why...but you won't back up your position.

Wireneck said:
Damn DJL,
All you had to say was do the search. You started the rain man act on your own this time man. Your fight or flight response must be wired weird. "I SENSE A CONFRONTATION WHICH INVOLVES ME ACTUALLY EXPLAINING MYSELF..........INITIATE RAINMAN SEQUENCE.
At least I know now how your post count got so high.
Oh, so that's what your really up too... your running your post count up with dribble.

"Oh, so that's what your really up too... your running your post count up with dribble."

No DJL,
I started off trying to get information or a question answered about this problem you claim you had. Obviously this is not going to happen so I will leave it at that.
As for running up a post count, based on the average length of your RainMan act and the amount of threads it shows up in, I would guess half of your count is from non-sense like the cut and paste trick you were pulling earlier in this very thread.
Well DJL, I am officially out. Don't bother replying unless your going to answer my original question. Which i highly doubt you will do in a manner that could be considered "a real answer".

Others on this forum simply take potshots at specfic products or manufacturers, but when asked why they feel the way they do, refuse to answer or change the subject. I have NO respect for that.

My original comment is quoted above.

I'm not the one with the problem with PMI OR Studio Projects. You are.

And you're trying to do (AGAIN) what my original comment alluded to-I asked you what caused your complete 180 on PMI and Studio Projects, and rather than answer the question, you spun it around to me.

My stand is that I have no problems with Studio Projects or PMI. I own their products, I got what I paid for, and they've supported them very well. I look forward to owning one of the Stephen Paul microphones when they are released. The fact that the SP mics are built in China doesn't bother me, because SP and PMI have made no statements otherwise-in fact, I think they're one of the few budget mic manufacturers to put the name of their Chinese partner directly on the microphone.

What is your stand?

Wireneck said:
Damn DJL, All you had to say was do the search.

I did say do a search.

Wireneck said:
"Oh, so that's what your really up too... your running your post count up with dribble."

No DJL,
I started off trying to get information or a question answered about this problem you claim you had. Obviously this is not going to happen so I will leave it at that.
As for running up a post count, based on the average length of your RainMan act and the amount of threads it shows up in, I would guess half of your count is from non-sense like the cut and paste trick you were pulling earlier in this very thread.
Well DJL, I am officially out. Don't bother replying unless your going to answer my original question. Which i highly doubt you will do in a manner that could be considered "a real answer".
And with your help, soon 99% will be all crap.

H2oskiphil said:
My original comment is quoted above.

I'm not the one with the problem with PMI OR Studio Projects. You are.

And you're trying to do (AGAIN) what my original comment alluded to-I asked you what caused your complete 180 on PMI and Studio Projects, and rather than answer the question, you spun it around to me.

My stand is that I have no problems with Studio Projects or PMI. I own their products, I got what I paid for, and they've supported them very well. I look forward to owning one of the Stephen Paul microphones when they are released. The fact that the SP mics are built in China doesn't bother me, because SP and PMI have made no statements otherwise-in fact, I think they're one of the few budget mic manufacturers to put the name of their Chinese partner directly on the microphone.

What is your stand?
My stand is... I don't have any SP mics so I couldn't care less about their customer service. I also replaced all my Marshall mics except the MXL603S's.

Last edited:
DJL said:
My stand is... I don't have any SP mics so I could care less about their customer service. I also replaced all my Marshall mics except the MXL603S's.

So why the incessant PMI Audio/Studio Projects bashing?

If you truly don't care, then why do you take every opportunity to take potshots? If you truly don't care, then what does it matter if the capsule from a Behringer B5 fits on a Studio Projects C4? You'll never own either one (since you claim to have moved on to "better" equipment), so why is it an issue to you?

H2oskiphil said:
So why the incessant PMI Audio/Studio Projects bashing?

If you truly don't care, then why do you take every opportunity to take potshots? If you truly don't care, then what does it matter if the capsule from a Behringer B5 fits on a Studio Projects C4? You'll never own either one (since you claim to have moved on to "better" equipment), so why is it an issue to you?
Your pretty good at posting leading questions and statements... I think I going to learn a lot from you.

DJL said:
Your pretty good at posting leading questions and statements... I think I going to learn a lot from you.

You didn't answer the question.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised by that.

DJL said:
Here's your answers... I don't and it's not.

So you're saying that you DON'T take potshots at Studio Projects and PMI Audio?

I just want to make sure I understand your position.

Phil

DJL has no position worth understanding. Give up trying to glean any meaningful information out of him and join me in freezing him out.

I just worry that some newbie will see his post count and associate that with useful knowledge, without knowing his agenda against SP and PMI.

Oh children, get a grip and grow up. DJL did nothing wrong on this thread to begin with. Take each post on its merits. You know by now that if you jibe the guy he'll get prickly ... deal with it! He wasn't slinging any mud here and H2oskiphil just wanted to renew their arguements from previous threads.

Dammit, read the original posts, he was damn happy with his SP mics to begin with so he clearly can't be blindly biased against them.

Then it's up to those of us who don't have any particular grudge against Alan Hyatt and his company to present the other side of the argument.

DJL's position is weak anyway, since he's never made clear what his grievance is.

In the meantime we don't let him get to us. :)

Back