Studio construction slide show.

I agree. I need to learn how to stretch fabric like they did. Mine looks like crap.

Darryl.....

Hello all, say, can anyone see anything showing if any of the slab was cut for room perimeters? They show a "floating floor" system, but that doesn't keep Sound transmission from occuring room to room stucturally through the slab. I would think this is a way to utilize existing slabs, by cutting the slab, building lightweigt steel stud walls,(which sounds like a "floating room"), and then floating a new floor between walls. Any comments? I'm real interested in this technique(if I'm correct) and the stretched fabric over soffits etc. I think I have a link for the system of extrusions etc, but I'll have to look it up. Anyway, always great to see new ideas. Anyone know the name of the "puck"/insulation roll product? Thanks for the link Kevin.

fitZ:)

When they say "Floating" does that mean that the plywood base is not connected or adhered to the slab in any way? That's what it looks like in the slideshow. The insulation is rolled out with the pucks in place and then the first layer of plywood is layed down. The insulation isn't glued to the slab and the plywood isn't nailed down to the slab?

Back