Straight From My Heart (original)

mp3

Here is a mp3 256 kbps file if anyone wanted to compare it to the Soundcloud's converted / compressed file. Does the vocal "effect" sounds the same in this file?

Attachments

• Straight from my heart mix 5 mp3 256 kbps.mp3
    7.7 MB · Views: 3
Yeah, seems like it's still there. I wonder if you might try posting a short sample w/out any effects on the vocal at all? Just to rule out anything in the daw that might be causing issues.

The mp3 sounds better than soundcloud btw, the instruments come through so nice.

Yeah, seems like it's still there. I wonder if you might try posting a short sample w/out any effects on the vocal at all? Just to rule out anything in the daw that might be causing issues.

The mp3 sounds better than soundcloud btw, the instruments come through so nice.
Thanks again easlern. Do you hear that "effect" all the time or is it there only in some points? There is some kind of the "natural distortion" in my voice and it's hearble especially in choruses. In my lead vocal channelstrip, there aren't any other effects than short / long delay and reverb + Slate's VTM, VCC, Eq, 2 compressors.
I will upload a new mix version to the soundcloud/this thread within a few minutes and it has less compression / limiting in the mixbus, it's somewhat quieter and there are a lot of other small changes in the mix....

Listened to the remix. Guitar tone is epic. Everything sounds very good. Whatever people were hearing in the voice is either gone, or my ears are not hearing it (and others have not heard it as well). Amazing song. very professionally written. Thanks for sharing!

Listened to the remix. Guitar tone is epic. Everything sounds very good. Whatever people were hearing in the voice is either gone, or my ears are not hearing it (and others have not heard it as well). Amazing song. very professionally written. Thanks for sharing!
BroKen H, thank you for your kind words. To be honest, I do not hear it either but I'm maybe used to it? I know there is a kind of "my natural distortion" on some notes but I guess that's not what some guys are hearing. Would like to hear some more feedback about this....

Last edited:
Last edited:
Reminded me of Paul McCartney. This mix sounds really good. I hope you'll take time to listen and offer comments on other tunes posted here at the clinic.

It would be good if you can edit the original post and put the remixes there - I kept having the pick the latest version down in the thread - just a personal request.
Anyway - last mix sounds perfect - no mix issues. Great songwriting as mentioned before and the arrangement is excellent. Sounds like a pro effort :D:D:D:D

Reminded me of Paul McCartney. This mix sounds really good. I hope you'll take time to listen and offer comments on other tunes posted here at the clinic.

Thank you Robus. I'm glad you liked it. And I know, I should be more actively commenting on other tunes...I don't visit these forums very often as I do...maybe...1 new song a year and when I post my links here, I'm trying to mix them at the same time...but I try to be a better forum member in the future. ;)

It would be good if you can edit the original post and put the remixes there - I kept having the pick the latest version down in the thread - just a personal request.
Anyway - last mix sounds perfect - no mix issues. Great songwriting as mentioned before and the arrangement is excellent. Sounds like a pro effort :D:D:D:D

Thank you ido. Appreciate you feedback.

I think I got in kinda late. I too think it has a Beatlesque sound (Paul is still a favorite!). I like the clean sound. It's just how I would like it. Great job.

Back