Still isn't working..... *HELP*

Revone

Ok i got 2 RCA's coming from my TAPEOUT on my mixer to my AUX IN 2 on my soundcard, and I have my mic hookedup fine to my mixer, and im not getting any sound signal period, wtf is going on here? i can't stand this..... should my volume playback/record settings be set up different since i did this or? if so how do i set it up correctly?

this is pissin me off, DAMNIT

help pls.

Have you checked the level settings for Aux in L/R in your Audigy Mixer panel. Then select Aux-in SB L/R in your recording software?

If you aren't seeing any signal on the mixer, have you adjusted the TRIM on that channel (increasing the pre-amp volume).

Is phantom power turned on? The Rode NT1 requires phantom power. Depress the 48v button in the Main Section above the leds.

Thanks for the pic but I already pulled the manual off the Behringer site to get a better idea of what your working with.

Evildick said:
Have you checked the level settings for Aux in L/R in your Audigy Mixer panel. Then select Aux-in SB L/R in your recording software?

not worried about that, i should still beable to see activity on the bargraph meters. i can't understand wtf i am doing wrong, pissin me the f'k off!!!!

Evildick said:
Is phantom power turned on? The Rode NT1 requires phantom power. Depress the 48v button in the Main Section above the leds.

ofcourse, i turn on my mixer, wait a few then i turn on phantom power and still.. no signal on the bargraph. what do you mean depress? that would be shutting it off, i turn on my mixer, then i press in phantom power and the red light comes on

Evildick said:
What do you have Gain set at on the channel where the mic is plugged in?

Got it at like 14 or so, i even messed around with all the settings on the mixer after the first ones (the manual told me to test the bargragh whitch didn't work)

When you say 14, that sounds like the Fader setting at the bottom of the mixer that says Level. Just to make sure, I'm talking about the Gain knob directly below the 1/4" Line-in on channel one where it shows +4 at 9 o'clock and -10 at 12 o'clock. I just want to make sure we are talking about the same know. If we aren't, set the Level knob back to 0 also known as Unity Gain. Then slowly turn up the Gain knob till you see an indication on the LED display.

Evildick said:
When you say 14, that sounds like the Fader setting at the bottom of the mixer that says Level. Just to make sure, I'm talking about the Gain knob directly below the 1/4" Line-in on channel one where it shows +4 at 9 o'clock and -10 at 12 o'clock. I just want to make sure we are talking about the same know. If we aren't, set the Level knob back to 0 also known as Unity Gain. Then slowly turn up the Gain knob till you see an indication on the LED display.

completely no indication at all....

I couldn't find a XLR male to female cable, so i got a Male XLR adapter for my Female XLR to 1/4 Mono HI TO LOW-Z cable...this doesn't matter does it? if it does are you sure?

blah i ment XLR , now all these cable names are confusing me hahaha

Whoa, you just confused the heck out of me.

You should have this signal path.

RODE NT1 -> XLR -> Behringer XLR in on channel one.

Tape out L ->Soundcard Aux-In L (the RCA cord should be male on both ends.

Tape out R ->Soundcard Aux-In R.

Set Channel 1 Level to "0". Set the Main Mix Level to "0".

Now talk into the mic and slowly raise the Gain level until you see an out put on the led display.

After looking at the diagram, you will also need to depress the 2tk to CTRL ROOM button.

The XLR to 1/4" is most likely the problem. The mic requires phantom power, and using the 1/4" Line-In does not provide phantom power to the mic.

I'm surprised the NT1 didn't come with a XLR male/female cable.

Evildick said:

Now talk into the mic and slowly raise the Gain level until you see an out put on the led display.

After looking at the diagram, you will also need to depress the 2tk to CTRL ROOM button.

When you mean "Depress" that means push it so the button comes back up right? in all of this when do i"press it" down?

Example: I got my mic in, i turn on the power on my mixer, and im about to turn on my Phantom P. (whitch is pressing the button so its down right?" what do i do with the Ctrl Room button and the 2tk button? cause this "depress" thing your talking about has got me lossed../ ..confused..

Evildick said:
The XLR to 1/4" is most likely the problem. The mic requires phantom power, and using the 1/4" Line-In does not provide phantom power to the mic.

I'm surprised the NT1 didn't come with a XLR male/female cable.

Yeah but having a male XLR adapteron the 1/4" Mono (like i have now) wouldn't that fix my problem?

By Depress I mean push it in so it stays in. (on) If it pops back up then it's considered off.

I'll try to draw you a diagram for the XLR thing.

XLR-in------Phantom Power---------------------------Gain Control ->to Main Mix
.....................................................................|
1/4" Line-In---------------------------------------

The Phantom power here is essential and since the 1/4" taps in downstream of the phantom power source, the mic will never see it. Using a 1/4" on a dynamic mic like a Shure SM-57 or 58 would work fine in this scenario but a with a condensor mic, you have to use the XLR input.

Evildick said:
By Depress I mean push it in so it stays in. (on) If it pops back up then it's considered off.

I'll try to draw you a diagram for the XLR thing.

XLR-in------Phantom Power---------------------------Gain Control ->to Main Mix
1/4" Line-In---------------------------------------

The Phantom power here is essential and since the 1/4" taps in downstream of the phantom power source, the mic will never see it. Using a 1/4" on a dynamic mic like a Shure SM-57 or 58 would work fine in this scenario but a with a condensor mic, you have to use the XLR input.

Yeah, i am using the XLR input ...

when do i use the 2tk and control room buttons?

In order to see any level on the LED's, you need to push in (so it stays down) the 2trk-to-CTRL-Room button. Speak into the mic and slowly turn up the gain on the mic pre-amp labeled GAIN. Once you start to see the LEDS move, check the levels on your computer to make sure that it hears what the mic and the mixer are putting out.

Back