Stems

I gave it 30 minutes. Not a lot to work with, and I didn't feel like cutting up the guitar parts to make is seamless. The run at the end doesn't work in the middle of the groove. The bass seems thin. Tried to fatten it up with some EQ.

One groove from MT Power Drumkit.

Attachments

• Chad's Guitar Riff.mp3
    1.3 MB
I gave it 30 minutes. Not a lot to work with, and I didn't feel like cutting up the guitar parts to make is seamless. The run at the end doesn't work in the middle of the groove. The bass seems thin. Tried to fatten it up with some EQ.

One groove from MT Power Drumkit.
Thanks. The run at the end will be used as a pause before breaking into the drum beat. I envision an intro groove that it mainly just cymbals and whatnot, and I envision the beat being straight 4/4 rather than the half-time beat you've got here, but this is still not bad. Thanks for your time and help!

I'm sure you've got something in mind. The problem was that with just a hi hat and the boinky bass, there just wasn't much to do. You seemed like you were stuck. Maybe the drum track might spark a direction. Do you have any lyrics? That's the meat and potatoes of the song. Without it, all you have is an appetizer.

Right now I've got a song that I worked out a few years ago. A drum track is finished, and I couldn't come up with what I thought was an interesting bass line. The fellow that played bass in our band 40 years ago came up with some stuff immediately. My next step is to figure out what I want for a guitar solo. It might be a 3 year gestation period, but eventually, it will get done...

Back