Stealth pedal (Amplitube) - thoughts? Opinions? Other options?

Pinky

and The Brain...
I've grown to like and rely on amplitube. I borrow a friend's lame cry baby from time to time, when I need a wah lead effect. But I don't like the feedback of his pedal (range is very narrow for the best effect) and I'm leaning towards getting something I can interface directly with Amplitube. But my god man - their pedal is SO OVERPRICED!!!

Is it really worth $200???? I only need wah and volume control. If anyone can perhaps recommend something more affordable than $200, with better range than the mister cry baby, I'm all ears too. This would be entirely for home recording.

Holy cow, no replies? That's odd, I'm pretty sure people still use wah/volume pedals... ??

So I'm bumping my own thread that's 18 months old because I bought this pedal recently and had some issues, which may not be entirely the fault of the pedal... but it's heading back regardless since it can't do what I need it to.

I'm looking to move that $200 into a good wah and volume pedal. Recommendations?

(If anyone knows of a midi substitute for the Stealthpedal for use in Sonar I'm open to suggestions as well)

Yeah...the 535Q is one of my favorites too.
I also have an Ernie Ball Wah that is great....different from the 535Q, but cool in it's own way, and I would never sell it.
They are discontinued, but you can find them used on eBay, and maybe even new at some stores that might have some NOS still laying around.

AFA as volume pedals, well....Ernie Ball again. There's at least a half-dozen volume pedals that they make. I have the VP Jr. and it's a good volume pedal.

Thanks guys :).

I agree that the Dunlop wahs are good. No experience with Ernie Ball pedals, but they have a good rep when I look around online and look well built. Was hoping to get both features in the same pedal, but it looks like Vox and Morley are the only options and I didn't care for the feel of the Morley wah I had a while back.

Looks like I'll just end up with two separate pedals. Then just bust them out of the closet when needed. Getting equipment I like is more important than cost right now. I'm on a pre-midlife buying spree. Tired of playing music on mediocre instruments with budget gear. I've literally gutted my entire music setup in the last 3 months. lol

Cool went with the 535Q and the Dunlop Volume. The Ernie Ball volume has complaints about the kevlar string breaking, and the dunlop looks durable.

Cool. I generally don't recommend a piece of gear just because I have it, but I will with the 535. I've been through a few different models, not too many, but the usuals, and I really like it even though I'm not a wah maniac. But when I want some wah, the 535 delivers.

Been waiting to provide some feedback on my pedal purchase...

The 535Q Wah is incredible, great range and variety of settings. I managed to find use for it on a track already.

The Dunlop Volume on the other hand... :p

[video]https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?v=10203177676952874[/video]

Back