Starting Over: IE my computer got stolen.

lenMCHC

So, here I sit. A computer gone. only backups of sessions left to appease me.
I need to build a new machine soon. I need it to be sturdy, and fast. P4, 800mhz fsb at least, high speed USB, and expandable... after that, I'm open for any suggestions...

please help me put together something that's not going to break my back, but will work well?

what's your budget exactly?
are you completely stuck in intel?
what soundcard do you want to use / need?

i would suggest a computer similar to mine, if you have a modest budget:
athlon 64 3200+
1 gig RAM
ASUS K8N-E deluxe
view sonic 23' CRT display

oh yeah, can't go wrong with an antec sonata case. they are very quiet, have lots of room for expanability, and look cool.

minofifa said:
what's your budget exactly?
are you completely stuck in intel?
what soundcard do you want to use / need?

i would suggest a computer similar to mine, if you have a modest budget:
athlon 64 3200+
1 gig RAM
ASUS K8N-E deluxe
view sonic 23' CRT display
Budget is a reasonable 7-900

i'm not totally stuck on intel, but i know that i enjoyed the one i had. it ran well. I'm going to look up the specs on it.

I have a delta 1010lt available
w/ a presonus 8 in via the lightpipe.

I have a 20" monitor. and some event monitors..

I want to run a single or double hard drive system.

have access to windows, nuendo and more.

minofifa said:
oh yeah, can't go wrong with an antec sonata case. they are very quiet, have lots of room for expanability, and look cool.

is expandability even a word? operating on not enough sleep....

shackrock said:
can I ask, how did you computer get STOLEN?
clipped locks, kicked in doors, and a heist of the computer, and some bass equipment. it was an inside job. someone knew it was there.. i only work for my band and friends.. so, there is a rat in the house.

they were dumb too, only took the computer, not the presonus, or the Digi001 unit in an easy to carry rack case. sitting right next to the computer. thank god for morons. now i just have to be happy they didn't steal the portable hard drive.

Shit... I knew I was forgetting something!

Sorry about your luck man.
I hope you catch them and castrate their thieving ass.

A stupid thief will show up asking you questions about the software, etc. I hope you figure out who that rotten piece of shit is. That totally sucks!

yeah, a = insurrance. ha.
b = that really sucks. I'd be furious....ha.

sorry man.
at least you still got the 001 and the presonus.

by crook or by foot...

it's 3:11am... and i have every ounce of equipment back, and 2 guitars of a friends band....

and not a scratch on me.

lenMCHC said:
by crook or by foot...

it's 3:11am... and i have every ounce of equipment back, and 2 guitars of a friends band....

and not a scratch on me.

huh?? you got all your stuff back? what happened?

lenMCHC said:
by crook or by foot...

and not a scratch on me.
You can't just drop that and walk away!!!

Did you kick ass?
Did you bust caps in their asses?
Did you stab them to death in the neck and shins with a spoon?
Did you hire ninjas?
Did God smiteth the thief?
Did Satan avenge you after human sacrifice?
Did you build a voodoo doll and torment them?

C'mon man DETAILS!!!

lenMCHC said:
and 2 guitars of a friends band....
So you retaliated by stealing their stuff? Judge Judy would frown on that. You can't take the law into your own hands.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

I think he is implying that he recovered two guitars that were stolen from a friend's band as well as his gear.

fraserhutch said:
I think he is implying that he recovered two guitars that were stolen from a friend's band as well as his gear.
Ah, gotcha. I misread that.

But I still want to hear the rest of the story...

no real names will be used..

i gather up a few dudes.. some in my band, some not..
we make the trek up to the north part of the state.
we figure out where the numbskulls live exactly w/help from an informant.
we case the joint. and sit. wait... actually, all the waiting was within 5 mins time. somehow, we timed it perfect, and the kids we suspect were comming out of their apt building. we pull up on them and have the driver, snake, ask if it was the correct person. they say yes. (we knew it was), we jump out, and confront them. some arguing ensues, and someone gets thrown 6 ft into a fence, and is beaten a bit. his roomate then catches a beating, and begins to talk... so we toss them in the car, and roll to where they were hiding our stuff, go in, get the stuff, and leave them to walk home... in the process, one of the kids shit his pants... true story...

snake = 6'5 400lbs
me = 6'2 265
limey = 6'2 240 all muscle, retard strength
bolo = 5'10 220 training UFC
skinny = 6'1 180

we had a good time, and got a video taped confession as well. all is good.

haha you got some big eaters in the band eh..? just kidding. good stuff though... although i would've done worse to them. i think some surveilance on your equipment is a good idea for at least a little while as kids don't learn.

snake sounds like a good guy.

Back