Stars

Thought I'd put me next track up at the half mixed stage.
After this point is were I always bugger the mix up so I'm hoping you chaps can give me some pointers on going forward with this one.

Earbud listen. Arrangement's slick, separation and balance are fine, plus it sounds good. If this is the point where you usually bugger up the mix, I'd say that what you need to do at this point is stop. When I'm mixing, I sometimes get up and move around the room and stand outside the door to see how it sounds outside the sweet spot. If, when I'm on my feet, I find myself dancing, I know I'm getting close. If you're not dancing to this, you don't know how to dance lol.

I was listening om smallish computer speakers, Creative so not high end. It sounded pretty good on them. I was hoping to say something was wrong with the mix, but I couldn't hear anything.

Good work.

Thought I'd put me next track up at the half mixed stage.
After this point is were I always bugger the mix up so I'm hoping you chaps can give me some pointers on going forward with this one.

Good Song - a couple of things need to be done IMO - the Lead Guitar Part needs to be more prominent and a little more treble added - the drums need to be more open and dynamic - they kind of wash out - especially at the end when the 'snap' snare shot happens - and the falsetto vocals need to be thicken IMO of course - and the Chorus part I think goes on one too long - IMO you need to change to 4th one up - but its a really good song,

Thanks everybody much appreciated.
Papanate, which is the lead guitar part to you? How would you go about making the drums more dynamic and open?
Thanks mate, I'm grateful for any help

Thanks everybody much appreciated.
Papanate, which is the lead guitar part to you? How would you go about making the drums more dynamic and open?
Thanks mate, I'm grateful for any help
The Lead guitar is the part that echoes the verse - single not lines - just needs to be brought up in the mix and then ducked behind the vocals - you need to bring up the drums and give them more space.

Which of the guitars below do you mean?
Re the drums I'm not a great lover of reverb, any other way to give space in this instance?
Thanks Papanate

Good tune I like. On headphones everything seems well balanced. Snare sounds nice and fat. Kick gets lost a bit at times. Nice jam

Back