Stained

if the reverb isn't baked in I'd back some of it off it's really hard to hear any details. Drums need to come up. you can't hear the guitar at all. Vocals sound good. sounds like you need hi pass on some tracks. Song is cool

Last edited:
Very unique! David Bowie meets Marilyn Manson lol...
I would just back off the roomverb on the VOX, bring them more up front, "IN YOUR FACE"!

Fukn'Rocks! 8-)

if the reverb isn't baked in I'd back some of it off it's really hard to hear any details. Drums need to come up. you can't hear the guitar at all. Vocals sound good. sounds like you hi pass on some tracks. Song is cool
Yes it is actually baked in, I know I shouldn't bake in effects but what can you do:-). I've lifted one of the guitars and yeh makes it more obvious. There's a new mix up if you want to have a listen, see if guitar gels better Thanks for the feedback

Last edited:
Very unique! David Bowie meets Marilyn Manson lol...
I would just back off the roomverb on the VOX, bring them more up front, "IN YOUR FACE"!

Fukn'Rocks! 8-)
I thought MM when I first heard it too. That's an option on the vocal worth considering. There's a new mix up, see if you have any further suggestions..:-) Thanks for the listen

Yes , totally agree with Japov on the Bowie/Manson vibe...chorus is awesome...love it! Like the guitar solo bit into the synth build, worked well into sparse vocal drum bit before band kicks in. I dig this , very good Bulls!

Sounds pretty good to me. Good tone on everything.

Seems like maybe a little buildup in the the 500hz range or so. Nothing bad, but it just seems like everything is fighting in that area.

Yes , totally agree with Japov on the Bowie/Manson vibe...chorus is awesome...love it! Like the guitar solo bit into the synth build, worked well into sparse vocal drum bit before band kicks in. I dig this , very good Bulls!
Thanks strat glad you liked it

Sounds pretty good to me. Good tone on everything.

Seems like maybe a little buildup in the the 500hz range or so. Nothing bad, but it just seems like everything is fighting in that area.
Cheers Trip, I'll take a look at the lower mids

Love the intro. Those gargling strat tone are going down smooth.
Yes and I love the way you sold out to go more main stream ha ha.
The whole projection is huggable.
oh! a sus chord - I'm in love.
Oh and Im listening thru my ancient Truth monitors.

Too late, to shine the crystal ball
I know... that you gota have it all
Don't cry...your little broken heart
Sometimes you know you gota tear it all part ye
Stain stain by fait
Sprits lying on the claw
Call me crazy but I gota have it all
Too late to ever say goodbye
Too late you can see it in your eye
Stain stain by fait
Of it all

(y'all need step all over this guitar solo)

I could do without the strings after the GS 2:13

(Too late to ever say good by)The vox doesn't smash my face like it should at the third act. It's loud enough but it needs a tick more abrasive. Added.
(Either the fader got pulled down or somebody tripped over a compressor.)
I know you been livin with a lie
Too far to ever come back home

Making a mountain from a mole hill every time
(Ok this is such a cliché, and performed expertly, but it needs to be more caricature. How to do that in audio. IDK.

The ball ball ball...rained rain - sounds like a new voice slipped up in there at the end. (gonna have to pay extra for that)

Bass is right in the pocket. Maybe look at some of those punches, maybe use a pick (just sayin)

Drums - well my friend, them drums never sounded better. The snare goes on forever (gushing) it sounds like it's 2.5 feet deep - :)

Cymbals are clear and distinct. Nice sexy attack.
Kick drum is right on, still perhaps glance over at the bass (or maybe the kick + bass = infinite and there is no fixing it, that little nipple I heard)

Drums are my 1st choice for a will.
The intro reminds me of my song "What a nice day for a heartbreak"

Love the intro. Those gargling strat tone are going down smooth.
Yes and I love the way you sold out to go more main stream ha ha.
The whole projection is huggable.
oh! a sus chord - I'm in love.
Oh and Im listening thru my ancient Truth monitors.

Too late, to shine the crystal ball
I know... that you gota have it all
Don't cry...your little broken heart
Sometimes you know you gota tear it all part ye
Stain stain by fait
Sprits lying on the claw
Call me crazy but I gota have it all
Too late to ever say goodbye
Too late you can see it in your eye
Stain stain by fait
Of it all

(y'all need step all over this guitar solo)

I could do without the strings after the GS 2:13

(Too late to ever say good by)The vox doesn't smash my face like it should at the third act. It's loud enough but it needs a tick more abrasive. Added.
(Either the fader got pulled down or somebody tripped over a compressor.)
I know you been livin with a lie
Too far to ever come back home

Making a mountain from a mole hill every time
(Ok this is such a cliché, and performed expertly, but it needs to be more caricature. How to do that in audio. IDK.

The ball ball ball...rained rain - sounds like a new voice slipped up in there at the end. (gonna have to pay extra for that)

Bass is right in the pocket. Maybe look at some of those punches, maybe use a pick (just sayin)

Drums - well my friend, them drums never sounded better. The snare goes on forever (gushing) it sounds like it's 2.5 feet deep - :)

Cymbals are clear and distinct. Nice sexy attack.
Kick drum is right on, still perhaps glance over at the bass (or maybe the kick + bass = infinite and there is no fixing it, that little nipple I heard)

Drums are my 1st choice for a will.
The intro reminds me of my song "What a nice day for a heartbreak"
Heh wow thanks for the in-depth critique. :-)
Yeah I'm stoked how this one turned out, probably my favorite track on the EP. Came together really quick too which is usually a good sign.
Cheers Manslick

This is the 3rd track in our 4-track EP. Scott reckoned we needed a slow one so this is a new jam, not a rehash of an earlier collab.

Interested in any feedback on the mix and balance. All suggestions welcome

It's pretty great - although the reverb being baked in is a little problematic - I hear places it should be backed off a bit - is this the final mix or can you do another?
I don't know if it was done on a computer - I think the drums and bass parts should move up the beat a fraction to create tension - but what do I know - I'll listen to it a couple more times.

It's pretty great - although the reverb being baked in is a little problematic - I hear places it should be backed off a bit - is this the final mix or can you do another?
I don't know if it was done on a computer - I think the drums and bass parts should move up the beat a fraction to create tension - but what do I know - I'll listen to it a couple more times.
We can always do another mix but I'd need to retrack the guitar to remove the reverb.
Sliding the drums and bass forward is interesting, I might play around with that. Thanks for the suggestion

OK I put a another mix with the drums and bass nudged forward. This was as far as it would go before the bass and guitar started to separate. Little more tension like you say

Last edited:
Powerful song. I loved the harmonys and the hard driving sections. You could always try layering a dry overdub under the main spots on the vox and guitar. I've learned not to bake in any FX (the hard way) but I'm still still ruining spots by prematurely bouncing to clip . Great Song ! mark

Back