Speaker Wiring

I know what I need to do, I just need to know how to do. Like physically with the speakers, not just pictures with + and - and wires that don't really go anywhere specific. If someone could complete this diagram for me, it's be appreciated.

speakers.png

I'm on my phone right now. Or I'd draw it out for you..... But if you use that picture, and connect the - from the left to the + on the right. Your amp would see 32ohms. Which is a series connection.

But what you want is 8ohms. So you need to connect the + from the amp to the speaker on the left. And the + from that speaker to the + on the other speaker.... The - from the amp to the - of the speaker on the left. And the - from the speaker on the left to the - on the right speaker... That is parallel and you'll see 8ohms.

Hope this helped. If not I'll try to draw it out later.

Pefect thanks, now how do I tell + from - on the 1/4'' to speaker wire connector I have?
doesn't matter as long as both speakers are hooked up the same way.
As long as + on one speaker goes to + on the other speaker and you also have - to - then you're golden.

doesn't matter as long as both speakers are hooked up the same way.
As long as + on one speaker goes to + on the other speaker and you also have - to - then you're golden.

A 9 volt battery can be used to check the speaker's polarity, when the speaker pushes out-the positive post on the battery will also be positive on the speaker connections. And don't leave the battery connected for any length of time to avoid speaker damage!
It's a good thing to check polarity when using a pair of speakers-if the polarity is wrong on 1 they will be out of phase!

I know what I need to do, I just need to know how to do. Like physically with the speakers, not just pictures with + and - and wires that don't really go anywhere specific. If someone could complete this diagram for me, it's be appreciated.

speakers.png

Now that you undserstand better, look again. Both are specific ..and the same.

Back