Soundtrack Pro and Firepod Help

thickfreakness

I just hooked my firepod up to my new G5 using Soundtrack Pro only to find that Soundtrack Pro lets you only select one channel at a time to record. You cannot register the entire FIREPOD ASIO to use for all 8 tracks, only 1 track at a time...shoud I be using another program for multitracking on mac?

I can use garageband with all 8 channels, but I really don't feel like using it to make music if you know what I mean.

I'm new to recording with a mac so any help would be great!

I use Sountrack that came with final Cut Express. I do not believe it is made for recording multiple tracks at once. It's purpose is for creating or adjusting video soundtracks which generally do not require more than one track at a time recording capability. If someone knows more about the pro version, please jump in.

As best I understand it (though I haven't used it), Soundtrack was designed primarily for creating soundtracks for video using loops. It was not intended as a recording/mixing app. That's what Logic Pro/Express are intended for.

It does have full recording and multitracking capabilities and does it very well. It goes well beyond using loops.
It just does not seem to have the capability to record more than one track at a time.

New Question: Logic Express 7.1 with firepod

New Question.

I picked up a copy of logic express 7.1 yesterday. I set the audio driver to the Firepod ASIO but it only records in stereo, tracks 1+2. How do you go about changing it to each mono track? It labels the driver as CoreAudio.

Last edited:
thickfreakness said:
New Question.

I picked up a copy of logic express 7.1 yesterday. I set the audio driver to the Firepod ASIO but it only records in stereo, tracks 1+2. How do you go about changing it to each mono track? It labels the driver as CoreAudio.

I would suggest going through the manual of LE and the firepod. It really will answer most of your questions.

Back