Soundelux shock mount problem

tombuur

Got my U195 Yesterday. Already before I mounted the mic, the bands in the shock mount fell off. So I reassembled. However, when I mount the mic it weighs down the rubber bands, and the bottom bands get loose and falls off.

I think I mounted it all correctly, viewing pictures of the thing on the net (I have the most recent silver Spyder Shock Mount). Just can't believe it doesn't work. If the rubberbands were shorter/tighter, I don't think there would be a problem.

Soundelux uses this Spyder Mount for several of their mic models. Anyone got a solution to this problem?

It sounds really stupid, but go to the drugstore (Savons, Right-Aid, Wallgreens, whatever) and get some black Scuncci's (scrunchi's - hair ties). Those are the best replacement bands for shockmounts EVER!! They are slightly tighter that what comes with most shockbands, so you get better suspension. They look just like the stock bands, but slightly tighter.

Perfect!

My goodness that's a fine tip that never occured to me. Only one problem, well not really ...

I have twice been to ladies' departments in stores to get stuff. The first a great guitarist had told me that those ladies artificial nails work well for fingerstyle playing on acoustic guitar, if you have a performance and have broken a nail. That was years ago when people weren't that relaxed, and the shop assistants clearly didn't believe me when I told them that I wanted those glue on nails for guitar playing. I could tell by the looks the two women there exchanged with each other.

The second time I needed some red nail lacquer to repair the finish of a fiesta red strat...

So ladies, here I come again. And don't send me those strange looks this time. Phil uses these things too, you know.

Contact Soundelux or the dealer you got your mic from. I got the U97 years ago and the donut shock mount I spent an extra $70 to get was too big for the mic :(

I contacted my dealer and they found out that for the U97s they added some extra padding in the mount so the U97 could fit snug. They sent me a new mount and did a call tag for the old one.

I'm sure Soundelux or your dealer will help you out. Good luck!

Soundelux in the past has been pretty good dealing with problems like this. My bet is that they will send you new elastics for free. In the meantime, my bet is that like suggested a well spent dollar at Wal Mart will get you up and running and the problem is permanently solved.

Back