Soundcraft 6000 Users Please...!

robin watson

I recently bought a 24-track Soundcraft 6000 desk (patchbay version) for use in my home studio. I am connecting to an Alesis HD24 multitrack machine. I would like to be able to use the desk's input channel strips (at LINE level) for mixing of tracks already recorded on the HD24.

Despite all (24) input strips on the Soundcraft desk having a MIC/LINE switch, there is no facility for 1/4" line connection on the rear panel (only 24 x XLRs). Connecting the line outputs of the HD24 to the desk's mic XLRs and engaging the LINE switches just mutes the strips, so it appears that line input must be achieved elsewhere. But where??

Actually, with gain turned minimum, I'm getting a pretty normal signal level, but I DO know that line level signals are not supposed to go into a MIC input because of impedance mismatching, etc.

I did try connecting the HD24 via the ELCOs on the back, but I wasn't able to route these signals to the 24 channel strips: instead they appeared at the 16 group outs.

PLEASE HELP!

Hi! Same problem here... Ever found the answer? Any help would be much needed. Just bought it, and discovered the catch :p

Back