sound card questions

jasgav

I have two questions really.
1) When I try to mixdown my recordings to another track with pans to left and right the export version is always different sounding. Somethings come out louder and/or softer (sometimes both within the mix.) I'm thinking it's because I'm using a soundblaster live soundcard and need to upgrade. By the way I also use guitar trax pro. Also I should mention when I keep everything centered the sound remains the same in the mix and in the exported version. only the panned sounds volume are effected. Is this a sound card problem?

2) I was thinking of upgrading to m-audio 1010lt AND I need to make sure the guitar tracks pro can handle multi input soundcards?

thanks

yeah, upgrade the card....I had a sb live, and i just gotta audiophile...the sb soundcard is only 16 bit

Didn't I answer this same question somewhere here recently? Gaaad, I hate this double-posting stuff, and this is why -- here I go repeating myself...

Naaa, here, I remember:

https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?threadid=112940

Now, James Argo corrected my original comment (that the sound card was irrelevant to the process and hence not the reason for your problem) to note that the soundcard's driver was still necessary for some reason. I'm not convinced but even if that's the case I seriously doubt that the drivers are affecting the mix the way you describe.

In other words, if you upgrade and do everything the same, you will continue to have the same issue -- because the sound card is not the cause of your trouble as described.

jasgav said:

2) I was thinking of upgrading to m-audio 1010lt AND I need to make sure the guitar tracks pro can handle multi input soundcards?

thanks

If you upgrade to the 1010lt, GT Pro will handle it with consummate ease

Back