Sonar 5,6,7

Mongoo

Anyone know if Sonar 5, 6, 7 has Core 2 Duo support? What about Core 2 Quad? And isn't there a 64bit version of sonar you can opt to install? Questions 1) Does your operating system (XP home SP2) have to be 64 bit to take advantage of this or will just having a 64 bit enabled processor do it?

Also does in support HUI control surfaces like the Alesis MasterControl?

Anyone know if Sonar 5, 6, 7 has Core 2 Duo support? What about Core 2 Quad?
Not sure... I'm sure you could find this out on Cakewalk's website

And isn't there a 64bit version of sonar you can opt to install?
Yes.

Does your operating system (XP home SP2) have to be 64 bit to take advantage of this or will just having a 64 bit enabled processor do it?
The application accesses the hardware via the operating system. If the processer is 64-bit but the operating system isn't, the application can't work right. In fact, I suspect the app installer will not allow you to install the 64-bit version if the OS is 32-bit.

Also does in support HUI control surfaces like the Alesis MasterControl?
Again, I suspect so, but the Cakewalk website will probably have this info.

Sonar 5,6 and 7 all support multiprocessors (2,4,8) though the engine has become a little more effeceint in later versions. You want regular 32 bit Windows and the 32 bit install, but use Sonars internal 64 bit processing. And HUI can work in Sonar, but its not an included template, so it takes more work than an MCU device to set it up.

"64-bit" refers to four distinct and separate things:

64-bit processor
64-bit operating system
64-bit Sonar
64-bit mix engine inside Sonar

The most important thing is that Sonar has a 64-bit mix engine, and that this engine functions if you tick the box, no matter what hardware, operating system, or Sonar executable you are running. For instance, you can use the 64-bit mix engine while running 32-bit Sonar on a 32-bit Windows operating system.

Now, if you happen to have a 64-bit processor, and a 64-bit operating system, you can choose to run 64-bit Sonar. If you have all 3 of these things, Sonar can access > 4GB of RAM, if you happen to have it. In addition, you may experience frustration finding stable drivers for your hardware and getting some 32-bit plugins to work. You may not. Some people, like me, haven't had any problems. But I'm not running Waves plugs, or Auto-Tune.

Back