Some kind of a USB interface.

propman

Hey, guys.
I'm posting this with... not desperation, exactly... but something close.
I've been using a little M-Audio FastTrack USB since about 2004. Two inputs. It's served me very well.
I've been able to do some pretty cool things with it but the more I learn about recording, the more I wish
I had an interface that could handle more. The problem is: I'm very broke.

I don't have a firewire port on my laptop so that leaves a lot out of question right up front.
I've been looking at the FastTrack Pro/Ultra. I'm gaga over the fact that they have inserts.

If anybody has one of those lying around that they no longer use or something that you think might
be better, can you please let me know? I'm not sure if I could afford a big payment but I might be able to
pay you off little-by-little or trade something for it. I really hope this isn't too up front of me.

(Yes, I did see the Christmas thing y'all put together... only after thinking about asking this question and I have to say,
I feel kind of ass-y asking it after seeing that myriad of generosity...)

Really? I've never heard of such a thing. I thought the advantage to firewire was the fact that it had a faster data transfer rate than usb. Does that not mean a firewire device might not work as intended if converted to work with usb?

Last edited:
whats your source?

Well, I'm going to answer this even though it wasn't addressed to me.
USB and firewire are two different animals. It'd be like putting a tiger mask on a zebra.
I doubt it'd fool the rest of the tigers. Firewire's data transfer is steady whereas USB's is kind of... sent in blocks.

Also, forget M-Audio. Old MacDonald had a farm and I want an Akai EIE Pro! What a beast!

Back