Some Jazz

Track Rat

Just Your Average Sized Member
It's been a while since I've put anything up here. What a long strange trip it's been. A tune written by Horace Silver. Some friends and I on a weekend jam.

Last edited:
How funny - is is Ricki Don't Lose That Number! I wonder if Steely Dan borrowed it?

Good song BTW - has a good sort of retro feel to it.

Thank you kindly. Yes, Steely Dan absolutely lifted that intro and turned it into Ricky. This is pretty much a live recording.

It's an excellent mix Track Rat. Great tone on the keys and tasty keyboard solo. Guitar lead work is really good. The main thing I love about the guitar solo is that it's solid but not overplayed. So many jazz instrumentals have overplayed solos. Notes come at you like their coming out of a machine gun.
Guess what....
They've blown all their cookies in the first measure and it gets boring really fast. This tune showed some restraint and is MUCH more of a pleasure to listen to.
Great recording man!

Thanks kids. The last three years have been........interesting for me personally. Neither here nor there but I figure I still have some noise in me.

Takes me back to when I was in jazz class. A frequent jammer. Sounds nice Rat man. I like the hits on the accents. Sweetly cosmopolitan.
The keyboard player - get out - killer.

Back